Palm Beach County Percent Positive Remains Higher Than State
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 infection count in Florida continues to rise against the backdrop of protests and social gatherings.
There are now at least 56,830 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count has risen to 2,460.
In Palm Beach County, at least 6,135 people have tested positive. The death count in Palm Beach County has risen to 337.
Potentially spotlighting the impact of younger people ignoring social distancing guidelines and rushing back to “normal” life, the median age of those infected in Palm Beach County has plummeted to just 48 — suggesting COVID-19 is spreading among the younger population. The median age was in the 50s just last week.
There are now at least 637 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Boca Raton. The infection count in Boynton Beach is 616. Delray Beach reports 489 infected.
The 5-day “percent positive” average in Palm Beach County is now 7.04 percent. The 5-day Florida percent positive average is 5.67.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In Boynton Beach Garage
- Woodfield Country Club Sued Over Flooded Car, Refuses To Pay Employee
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 70 Percent Chance System Forms South of Florida
- Delray Beach Woman Arrested, DUI Hit And Run
- TWO SYSTEMS: Hurricane Center Watching Two Waves East, West Of Florida
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Wife Finds Husband With Hookers, Attacks
- Woman Speeding On Glades Road Arrested For DUI In Boca Raton
- Water Treatment Dates Set, May Taste Weird In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- While Publix Refuses To Vaccinate Young Children, Palm Beach County Offers Shots