Palm Beach County Percent Positive Remains Higher Than State
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 infection count in Florida continues to rise against the backdrop of protests and social gatherings.
There are now at least 56,830 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count has risen to 2,460.
In Palm Beach County, at least 6,135 people have tested positive. The death count in Palm Beach County has risen to 337.
Potentially spotlighting the impact of younger people ignoring social distancing guidelines and rushing back to “normal” life, the median age of those infected in Palm Beach County has plummeted to just 48 — suggesting COVID-19 is spreading among the younger population. The median age was in the 50s just last week.
There are now at least 637 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Boca Raton. The infection count in Boynton Beach is 616. Delray Beach reports 489 infected.
The 5-day “percent positive” average in Palm Beach County is now 7.04 percent. The 5-day Florida percent positive average is 5.67.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested