Palm Beach County Percent Positive Remains Higher Than State
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 infection count in Florida continues to rise against the backdrop of protests and social gatherings.
There are now at least 56,830 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count has risen to 2,460.
In Palm Beach County, at least 6,135 people have tested positive. The death count in Palm Beach County has risen to 337.
Potentially spotlighting the impact of younger people ignoring social distancing guidelines and rushing back to “normal” life, the median age of those infected in Palm Beach County has plummeted to just 48 — suggesting COVID-19 is spreading among the younger population. The median age was in the 50s just last week.
There are now at least 637 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Boca Raton. The infection count in Boynton Beach is 616. Delray Beach reports 489 infected.
The 5-day “percent positive” average in Palm Beach County is now 7.04 percent. The 5-day Florida percent positive average is 5.67.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday