Palm Beach County Percent Positive Remains Higher Than State
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 infection count in Florida continues to rise against the backdrop of protests and social gatherings.
There are now at least 56,830 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count has risen to 2,460.
In Palm Beach County, at least 6,135 people have tested positive. The death count in Palm Beach County has risen to 337.
Potentially spotlighting the impact of younger people ignoring social distancing guidelines and rushing back to “normal” life, the median age of those infected in Palm Beach County has plummeted to just 48 — suggesting COVID-19 is spreading among the younger population. The median age was in the 50s just last week.
There are now at least 637 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Boca Raton. The infection count in Boynton Beach is 616. Delray Beach reports 489 infected.
The 5-day “percent positive” average in Palm Beach County is now 7.04 percent. The 5-day Florida percent positive average is 5.67.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car