Palm Beach County Percent Positive Remains Higher Than State
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 infection count in Florida continues to rise against the backdrop of protests and social gatherings.
There are now at least 56,830 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count has risen to 2,460.
In Palm Beach County, at least 6,135 people have tested positive. The death count in Palm Beach County has risen to 337.
Potentially spotlighting the impact of younger people ignoring social distancing guidelines and rushing back to “normal” life, the median age of those infected in Palm Beach County has plummeted to just 48 — suggesting COVID-19 is spreading among the younger population. The median age was in the 50s just last week.
There are now at least 637 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Boca Raton. The infection count in Boynton Beach is 616. Delray Beach reports 489 infected.
The 5-day “percent positive” average in Palm Beach County is now 7.04 percent. The 5-day Florida percent positive average is 5.67.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases