But Palm Beach County Percent Positive Drops As Numbers Are All Over The Place.
The only consistency is inconsistency.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you’re looking for consistency in the numbers from the Florida Department of Health, good luck. The COVID-19 Florida and Palm Beach County numbers continue to be all over the place, suggesting that spread continues, no one has any real idea of what they’re talking about, and Coronavirus is becoming a lot like the Florida weather.
If you don’t like what you see one day, wait. It will change.
COVID-19 in Florida is becoming a lot like the weather. If you don’t like what you see one day, wait. It will change.
Florida logged 2,037 NEW cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, but that is presumably a function of more testing and reporting. The percent positive statewide dropped a bit from 6.96 on Tuesday to 5.33 on Thursday. The total number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida is now 60,183.
In Palm Beach County, the lack of consistency seems to be the only thing that consistent. After several days of record-setting “percent positive” numbers — reach 10.5 percent on Tuesday, the number plummeted on Wednesday to just 4.4 precent. Take a look at the bar chart below from the Florida Department of Health. Palm Beach County is all over the place.
In Palm Beach County, there are now at least 6,688 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count in Palm Beach County has risen to 363.
In Boca Raton, at least 660 people have tested positive. In Delray Beach it’s 518. In Boynton the positive count is 669.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected