BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity today says it has received 2,291,733 claims for unemployment benefits. Of those claims, 1,844,812 have been processed with 1,201,943 being paid so far.
In the roughly three months since COVID-19 benefit seeking began in Florida, 451,697 have been deemed ineligible for federal and state assistance.
25,670 have been placed into a “fraud detection” queue,
14,236 have ben asked for identification proof.
As of Thursday afternoon, the State of Florida says $4,245,207,302 has been paid to claimants, while 252,423 requests remain in a “verification” system as investigators seek more information.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak