BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity today says it has received 2,291,733 claims for unemployment benefits. Of those claims, 1,844,812 have been processed with 1,201,943 being paid so far.
In the roughly three months since COVID-19 benefit seeking began in Florida, 451,697 have been deemed ineligible for federal and state assistance.
25,670 have been placed into a “fraud detection” queue,
14,236 have ben asked for identification proof.
As of Thursday afternoon, the State of Florida says $4,245,207,302 has been paid to claimants, while 252,423 requests remain in a “verification” system as investigators seek more information.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach