BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity today says it has received 2,291,733 claims for unemployment benefits. Of those claims, 1,844,812 have been processed with 1,201,943 being paid so far.
In the roughly three months since COVID-19 benefit seeking began in Florida, 451,697 have been deemed ineligible for federal and state assistance.
25,670 have been placed into a “fraud detection” queue,
14,236 have ben asked for identification proof.
As of Thursday afternoon, the State of Florida says $4,245,207,302 has been paid to claimants, while 252,423 requests remain in a “verification” system as investigators seek more information.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.
- DEADLY DAY: Florida Records Record 217 COVID Deaths
- Broward County Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Site
- BREAKING: Boca Fire To Offer COVID Shots, Just 200 Available
- Cool, Wet Weather For South Florida
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Inhaling Dangerous Chemicals
- SO MANY DEAD: Florida Loses 1,079 To COVID In One Week