BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity today says it has received 2,291,733 claims for unemployment benefits. Of those claims, 1,844,812 have been processed with 1,201,943 being paid so far.
In the roughly three months since COVID-19 benefit seeking began in Florida, 451,697 have been deemed ineligible for federal and state assistance.
25,670 have been placed into a “fraud detection” queue,
14,236 have ben asked for identification proof.
As of Thursday afternoon, the State of Florida says $4,245,207,302 has been paid to claimants, while 252,423 requests remain in a “verification” system as investigators seek more information.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised
- Boca Isles South Resident Arrested Following Theft, Fire
- Million Dollar Lottery Winner Lives In Boynton Beach
- Boca Raton Teen Killer Identified, Cops Say Shot Friend In Back Yard
- Boca Raton’s L’Ambiance HOA Facing Lawsuit
- CRASH AND BURN: Boca Isles South Burglar Crashes Getaway Car At Cop Shop
- Fire Burning Cascade Lakes Boynton Beach