Infections, Death Rise In Florida As Phase Two Begins Without Palm Beach County
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Most of Florida moved to Phase 2 today as the state-wide count for COVID-19 locked in at 61,488 and the death count hit a new record of 2,660.
In Palm Beach County, which is being held back with Miami-Dade and Broward Counties, the infection count is closing in on 7,000 — it hit 6,859. The death count is 367. The median age continues to decline — it’s now 47.
Of those infected in Palm Beach County, 3,428 identify as male, 3,317 identify as female, 7 did not provide data.
By race: 1,315 identify as black, 3,093 as white, 1,033 are “other” with 1,311 “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, at least 670 are positive for COVID-19. 685 in Boynton Beach. 529 in Delray Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday