Infections, Death Rise In Florida As Phase Two Begins Without Palm Beach County
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Most of Florida moved to Phase 2 today as the state-wide count for COVID-19 locked in at 61,488 and the death count hit a new record of 2,660.
In Palm Beach County, which is being held back with Miami-Dade and Broward Counties, the infection count is closing in on 7,000 — it hit 6,859. The death count is 367. The median age continues to decline — it’s now 47.
Of those infected in Palm Beach County, 3,428 identify as male, 3,317 identify as female, 7 did not provide data.
By race: 1,315 identify as black, 3,093 as white, 1,033 are “other” with 1,311 “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, at least 670 are positive for COVID-19. 685 in Boynton Beach. 529 in Delray Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days