Infections, Death Rise In Florida As Phase Two Begins Without Palm Beach County
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Most of Florida moved to Phase 2 today as the state-wide count for COVID-19 locked in at 61,488 and the death count hit a new record of 2,660.
In Palm Beach County, which is being held back with Miami-Dade and Broward Counties, the infection count is closing in on 7,000 — it hit 6,859. The death count is 367. The median age continues to decline — it’s now 47.
Of those infected in Palm Beach County, 3,428 identify as male, 3,317 identify as female, 7 did not provide data.
By race: 1,315 identify as black, 3,093 as white, 1,033 are “other” with 1,311 “unknown.”
In Boca Raton, at least 670 are positive for COVID-19. 685 in Boynton Beach. 529 in Delray Beach.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- South Florida Renters Need More Than $100K Salary Says New FAU Report
- Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Now Watched West, East Of Florida
- Crash Completely Closes I-95 Southbound At Hillsboro Blvd.
- Former Seven Bridges Delray Beach Bartender Arrested Twice In One Week
- DELAYS: I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Several Detours Set For Delray, Boyton, Boca Raton
- Tropical Depression Forms East Of Florida As Another System Starts To Develop
- Delray Beach Man Charged With DUI Minutes After Leaving Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting
- HURRICANE CENTER: Depression Forming East Of Florida As Ophelia Moves Up Coast