PALM BEACH COUNTY EMERGENCY ROOM VISITS JUMP
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In what appears to be a record since counting began, the State of Florida logged 1,433 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday. The astonishing number comes as Florida’s death count hits at least 2,700 — although new reporting suggests that Florida may be suppressing numbers of out-of-state residents, including “snowbirds,” who died in the state.
The total COVID-19 infection count in Florida is now at least 63,938. At least 10,942 people have been hospitalized.
In Palm Beach County, 243 additional cases were added to the logs on Saturday. There are now at least 7,230 cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach county with 394 deaths. The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County has dropped to 47.
Of everyone infected in Palm Beach County, 18 percent were admitted to a hospital for treatment. Of those admitted, 5 percent have died. The numbers are similar to those reported state-wide, where 18 percent of all infected in Florida ended up in the hospital, and 4 percent have died.
In a stunning graph provided by the Florida Department of Health, visits to Palm Beach County Emergency Rooms for “Influence-Like Illness” symptoms surged. That line graph, created by the State of Florida, is above.
As numbers in Florida and Palm Beach County continue an upward climb, the Town of Palm Beach is preparing consider an ordinance that will require everyone to wear a facial covering. It is unclear how much support that ordinance would have or how it would be enforced.
It may set a precedent for other Palm Beach County communities concerned about the growing COVID-19 numbers.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton