PALM BEACH COUNTY EMERGENCY ROOM VISITS JUMP
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In what appears to be a record since counting began, the State of Florida logged 1,433 new cases of COVID-19 on Saturday. The astonishing number comes as Florida’s death count hits at least 2,700 — although new reporting suggests that Florida may be suppressing numbers of out-of-state residents, including “snowbirds,” who died in the state.
The total COVID-19 infection count in Florida is now at least 63,938. At least 10,942 people have been hospitalized.
In Palm Beach County, 243 additional cases were added to the logs on Saturday. There are now at least 7,230 cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach county with 394 deaths. The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County has dropped to 47.
Of everyone infected in Palm Beach County, 18 percent were admitted to a hospital for treatment. Of those admitted, 5 percent have died. The numbers are similar to those reported state-wide, where 18 percent of all infected in Florida ended up in the hospital, and 4 percent have died.
In a stunning graph provided by the Florida Department of Health, visits to Palm Beach County Emergency Rooms for “Influence-Like Illness” symptoms surged. That line graph, created by the State of Florida, is above.
As numbers in Florida and Palm Beach County continue an upward climb, the Town of Palm Beach is preparing consider an ordinance that will require everyone to wear a facial covering. It is unclear how much support that ordinance would have or how it would be enforced.
It may set a precedent for other Palm Beach County communities concerned about the growing COVID-19 numbers.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles