BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida COVID-19 infection count added another 1,061 people on Sunday as the total hit 64,901. The death count in Florida is now 2,712.
The continued uptick comes as most of Florida has entered “Phase 2,” with the exception of Palm Beach, Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
A look at Palm Beach numbers show the issue. The county added several hundred infected to the logs over the past several days, and the “percent positive” rate continues to roller coaster. After hitting a high of 10.6 on June 2nd, it’s stopped at 4.4 percent, 4.9 percent, 7.2 percent, 5.1 percent and 6.8 percent on Sunday.
Why so variable? Why is it hitting 10.6 percent? Look no further than the photos and videos we receive of shoppers in area Target and Publix locations without face coverings. (Send photos to news (at) bocanewsnow.com).
In Palm Beach County, there are now 7,329 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 373 deaths. At least 1320 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 issues in Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Arrest Man For Federal Highway Fatal
- INCREDIBLE: Murder Arrest In Cold Case From 1985, Elderly Woman Killed
- West Boca Medical Center’s COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone
- Murder, Kidnap Charges For Jailed Boynton Beach Man
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint