BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida COVID-19 infection count added another 1,061 people on Sunday as the total hit 64,901. The death count in Florida is now 2,712.
The continued uptick comes as most of Florida has entered “Phase 2,” with the exception of Palm Beach, Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
A look at Palm Beach numbers show the issue. The county added several hundred infected to the logs over the past several days, and the “percent positive” rate continues to roller coaster. After hitting a high of 10.6 on June 2nd, it’s stopped at 4.4 percent, 4.9 percent, 7.2 percent, 5.1 percent and 6.8 percent on Sunday.
Why so variable? Why is it hitting 10.6 percent? Look no further than the photos and videos we receive of shoppers in area Target and Publix locations without face coverings. (Send photos to news (at) bocanewsnow.com).
In Palm Beach County, there are now 7,329 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 373 deaths. At least 1320 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 issues in Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach