BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida COVID-19 infection count added another 1,061 people on Sunday as the total hit 64,901. The death count in Florida is now 2,712.
The continued uptick comes as most of Florida has entered “Phase 2,” with the exception of Palm Beach, Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
A look at Palm Beach numbers show the issue. The county added several hundred infected to the logs over the past several days, and the “percent positive” rate continues to roller coaster. After hitting a high of 10.6 on June 2nd, it’s stopped at 4.4 percent, 4.9 percent, 7.2 percent, 5.1 percent and 6.8 percent on Sunday.
Why so variable? Why is it hitting 10.6 percent? Look no further than the photos and videos we receive of shoppers in area Target and Publix locations without face coverings. (Send photos to news (at) bocanewsnow.com).
In Palm Beach County, there are now 7,329 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 373 deaths. At least 1320 people have been hospitalized with COVID-19 issues in Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak