BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Expect more rain today in Boca Raton and Delray Beach. The National Weather Service is calling for more of what the area has endured for the past several days with an increased likelihood of showers and thunderstorms after 11 a.m. Expect a high of 88 and a low tonight of 76.
Of note: four tropical waves being monitored by the National Hurricane Center. Three in the Atlantic and one in the Caribbean. Too soon to know if they will develop, but here’s the early morning update from the NHC:
TROPICAL WAVES… An Atlantic Ocean tropical wave is along 27W south of 13N and is moving W around 15-20 kt to the southwest of the Cape Verde Islands. To the north and west of this tropical wave a large plume of Saharan dust exists. Scattered thunderstorms have developed near this wave and the monsoon trough, from 01N to 06N between 24W and 28W.
An Atlantic Ocean tropical wave is along 44W south of 12N, moving W at 10 kt. Scattered thunderstorms exist within about 120 nm west of this wave.
An Atlantic Ocean tropical wave is along 61W through the Lesser Antilles and into northeast Venezuela, moving W at 10 kt. This wave and interaction with an upper level trough in the eastern Caribbean is inducing scattered thunderstorms ahead of it over the far southeast Caribbean and adjacent portions of Venezuela.
A central Caribbean Sea tropical wave is along 75W, from the Windward Passage to northern Colombia, moving W at 10 kt. This weak wave is accompanied by significant dry air and no convection is occurring in its vicinity.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: Man Used University of Florida Students In Massive Fraud
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing
- Palm Beach County Voting: Nearly Half Of Eligible Voters Have Already Voted
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier