BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, as of midday Tuesday, had still not responded to Palm Beach County’s request to move to “Phase 2.” While that response may be pending — or just not publicly announced — a look at the latest numbers could be the cause of the delay.
Several metrics are pointing the wrong way in Palm Beach County.
The percent positive rate continues to lack stability. Look at this graph from the Florida Department of Health.
The number of “Emergency Department” visits “mentioning shortness of breath” is ticking upwards. This is also an official graph from the Florida Department of Health. The green line is “shortness of breath.” (Red is fever, blue is cough).
And 212 new cases were added in Palm Beach County on Monday, bringing a total of 1,288 new cases over the past 7 days.
The Palm Beach County total for COVID-19 infections now stands at 7,518. The death count is 388.
In all of Florida, the total is an even 66,000 COVID-19 cases (according to the Dept. of Health). The death count statewide is now 2,765.
While the Palm Beach County numbers continue to increase — or point in the wrong direction — the State of Florida as a whole is looking better. This is the five day “percent positive” graph from the DOH. The five day statewide average is 4.92. The Palm Beach County average is 6.22
In Boca Raton, the current infection count is at least 714. Delray Beach checks in with 564. Boynton Beach reports 741.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees