BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — No discount here. “Off 5th,” the upscale outlet version of Saks Fifth Avenue in the Somerset Shoppes on Glades Road in Boca, owes at least $89,444.86.
That’s the claim just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court by Somerset Shoppes FLA LLC, the company that owns the “Off 5th” building which holds the address of 8903 Glades Road. According to the suit, Saks Off Fifth stopped paying rent as COVID-19 hit hard.
Saks Fifth Avenue and Off 5th are owned by Canada-based HBC or Hudson’s Bay Company.
According to the Boca suit, “(Somerset Shoppes) served ‘Off 5th‘ with a notice of default and demand to cure on May 12, 2020, demanding that Tenant pay the Rent due. Tenant has failed and refused to make payment.”
You can read the entire lease agreement below. The demand letter for rent is page 104 if you’d like to skip ahead.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Teachers Told No Political Activity At Work
- Get Ready For Traffic, Flight Issues In Palm Beach County Wednesday
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients