BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — No discount here. “Off 5th,” the upscale outlet version of Saks Fifth Avenue in the Somerset Shoppes on Glades Road in Boca, owes at least $89,444.86.
That’s the claim just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court by Somerset Shoppes FLA LLC, the company that owns the “Off 5th” building which holds the address of 8903 Glades Road. According to the suit, Saks Off Fifth stopped paying rent as COVID-19 hit hard.
Saks Fifth Avenue and Off 5th are owned by Canada-based HBC or Hudson’s Bay Company.
According to the Boca suit, “(Somerset Shoppes) served ‘Off 5th‘ with a notice of default and demand to cure on May 12, 2020, demanding that Tenant pay the Rent due. Tenant has failed and refused to make payment.”
You can read the entire lease agreement below. The demand letter for rent is page 104 if you’d like to skip ahead.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?