BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — No discount here. “Off 5th,” the upscale outlet version of Saks Fifth Avenue in the Somerset Shoppes on Glades Road in Boca, owes at least $89,444.86.
That’s the claim just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court by Somerset Shoppes FLA LLC, the company that owns the “Off 5th” building which holds the address of 8903 Glades Road. According to the suit, Saks Off Fifth stopped paying rent as COVID-19 hit hard.
Saks Fifth Avenue and Off 5th are owned by Canada-based HBC or Hudson’s Bay Company.
According to the Boca suit, “(Somerset Shoppes) served ‘Off 5th‘ with a notice of default and demand to cure on May 12, 2020, demanding that Tenant pay the Rent due. Tenant has failed and refused to make payment.”
You can read the entire lease agreement below. The demand letter for rent is page 104 if you’d like to skip ahead.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT: Parking Situation So Bad, Drivers Told To Use Ride Share
- ARMED ROBBERY ON YAMATO ROAD IN BOCA RATON
- POLICE REMIND: If Fireworks Banned In Your HOA, They Are Still Banned On July 4th
- Palm Beach County Woman To Federal Prison For Sober Home Scheme
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Disturbances Still Being Watched, Florida Okay For Now
- Boca West Sues Several Homeowners, We Have The List