BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County has a problem. It’s so clear, even Gov. Ron DeSantis spelled it out during a news conference at the Emergency Operations Center in Miami-Dade.
“I think Miami does more masking and Broward does more masking. I don’t think they do it as much in Palm Beach,”
The refusal by many to wear masks may be responsible for the ongoing number spikes in Palm Beach County — numbers that continued to leave Palm Beach County at “phase one,” despite a request by county commissioners to elevate PBC to “Phase 2.”
The percent positive on Monday soared to 9.6 percent in Palm Beach County. That is a near-high, and just behind the 10.6 percent — which we believe was a record — on June 2nd. Over the past five days, Palm Beach County’s percent positive rates have been 7.1-percent, 5.0-percent, 6.8-percent, 7.1-percent and 9.6-percent. The percent positive, as the name implies, reveals the percent positive of all tests logged in Palm Beach County on a given day. The number should be lowering, not rising.
Over the past five days alone, there have been just under 1000 new cases logged in Palm Beach County. Hospitalizations and deaths in Palm Beach County from COVID-19 are also higher than the state-wide average.
There are now at least 7,678 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. At least 397 people have died.
Statewide, there are now at least 67,371 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count is 2,801.
In Boca Raton, at least 722 are positive for COVID-19. In Boynton Beach it’s 767. In Delray Beach, the positive count is 567.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man, With White Claw Beer, Lunges At Cop
- AIRPORT PARKING: Again, Fort Lauderdale Says Garages Full, Opens Overflow
- CLAUDETTE FORMS: Tropical Storm Battering Coast, Florida In Warning Zone
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism