BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton salon worker is accused of bilking the State of Florida out of thousands of dollars in food and assistance funds while he was earning more than $80,000 at an area business.
Prosper Edri of Flunn Circle in Boca Raton allegedly reported that his position at Tipsy Salon in Boca was terminated in 2016. He applied for — and received — thousands of dollars in benefits as a result of his termination.
But a Florida investigator says that Edri never reported that he was actually employed by Hot Heads Salon at 950 Congress Avenue in Boynton Beach, and earned gross wages of $83,638.29 between January 4th, 2017, and October 31, 2018.
”As a result of his actions,” wrote the investigator in a charging document obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, “Prosper Edri received $6,361 in Food Assistance Program benefits during the periods of January 2017 through April 2017, June 2017 through December 2017, and March 2018 through October 2018, to which he was not legally entitled.”
Edri, 50, was arrested by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and booked into jail around 8 a.m. on Wednesday. He was released on $1000 bond later in the day.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man, With White Claw Beer, Lunges At Cop
- AIRPORT PARKING: Again, Fort Lauderdale Says Garages Full, Opens Overflow
- CLAUDETTE FORMS: Tropical Storm Battering Coast, Florida In Warning Zone
- NOT CLAUDETTE YET: Hurricane Center Says Storm Growing, But Not Named Yet
- Bonefish Grill Sued After Boca Raton Slip and Fall
- Nearly 4000 Palm Beach School District Students, Staffers, Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge, “Did What She Pleased”
- TROPICAL STORM WARNING: Florida In Forecast For Latest System
- Man Charged In Delray Beach LGBTQ Crosswalk Vandalism