BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton salon worker is accused of bilking the State of Florida out of thousands of dollars in food and assistance funds while he was earning more than $80,000 at an area business.
Prosper Edri of Flunn Circle in Boca Raton allegedly reported that his position at Tipsy Salon in Boca was terminated in 2016. He applied for — and received — thousands of dollars in benefits as a result of his termination.
But a Florida investigator says that Edri never reported that he was actually employed by Hot Heads Salon at 950 Congress Avenue in Boynton Beach, and earned gross wages of $83,638.29 between January 4th, 2017, and October 31, 2018.
”As a result of his actions,” wrote the investigator in a charging document obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, “Prosper Edri received $6,361 in Food Assistance Program benefits during the periods of January 2017 through April 2017, June 2017 through December 2017, and March 2018 through October 2018, to which he was not legally entitled.”
Edri, 50, was arrested by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and booked into jail around 8 a.m. on Wednesday. He was released on $1000 bond later in the day.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Roads To Close For July 4th Fireworks, DUI Patrols To Intensify
- BOYNTON BEACH BODY: Police Charge Delray Man With Murder
- Woman Airlifted After Fire At Century Village Boca Raton
- MISSING: This Teen Is Missing, South Florida Police Are Asking For Your Help
- Fatal Stabbing In Broward County, Police Ask For Tips
- KINGS POINT: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- TRAVEL: Fewer Delays, Cancelations So Far At South Florida Airports
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately