BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton salon worker is accused of bilking the State of Florida out of thousands of dollars in food and assistance funds while he was earning more than $80,000 at an area business.
Prosper Edri of Flunn Circle in Boca Raton allegedly reported that his position at Tipsy Salon in Boca was terminated in 2016. He applied for — and received — thousands of dollars in benefits as a result of his termination.
But a Florida investigator says that Edri never reported that he was actually employed by Hot Heads Salon at 950 Congress Avenue in Boynton Beach, and earned gross wages of $83,638.29 between January 4th, 2017, and October 31, 2018.
”As a result of his actions,” wrote the investigator in a charging document obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, “Prosper Edri received $6,361 in Food Assistance Program benefits during the periods of January 2017 through April 2017, June 2017 through December 2017, and March 2018 through October 2018, to which he was not legally entitled.”
Edri, 50, was arrested by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and booked into jail around 8 a.m. on Wednesday. He was released on $1000 bond later in the day.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER SERVICE: Nor’easter To Pound North East, Rain To Dampen South Florida
- Boca Raton’s Robert Hevert Jailed On Felony Charge
- Here’s What It’s Like To Travel To Hawaii, And Why It Makes Florida Look So Bad
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant