BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The infection and death numbers reported by the Florida Dept. of Health at the State and County level are a lie, according to fired lead Florida Dept. of Health data scientist Rebekah Jones.
Jones, who contended earlier that Florida was was not reporting real numbers, was fired for not following orders, according to Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. She was responsible for the dashboard that is supposed to show real data about COVID-19 in Florida. But according Jones, she was ordered to suppress data.
Jones created her own COVID-19 dashboard with what she says are the true Florida infection and death numbers.
As of mid-day Friday, the OFFICIAL State of Florida Dept. of Health report revealed 70,971 total cases of COVID-19 with 2,877 deaths.
But Jones’ dashboard says the real numbers are 78,688 infections in Florida with 2,938 deaths.
Unlike the official Florida dashboard, Jones also reports that 21,017 people have recovered from COVID-19 since March 1st, but that there have been 29,601 new cases in the past 30 days.
That is a number difficult to ascertain using official Florida numbers.
She is also providing an “available ICU Bed Count” number which Florida has never revealed. As of mid-day Friday, there are 1,437 ICU beds available in all of Florida. We’ll break down the local bed count in an upcoming post.
Officially, Palm Beach County is now reporting a total of 8,209 infections of COVID-19 with 416 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break