BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The just-released chart from the Florida Department of Health shows a significant uptick in emergency room visits for people complaining of flu-like symptoms in Palm Beach County — one of the metrics used for COVID-19 surveillance.
The chart, above, shows the dramatic incline. It is in sync with the official numbers released from the Florida Department of Health.
Officially: There are 77,326 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 2,938 deaths. An additional 1,807 cases were added on Sunday, continuing a record-setting multi-day period of new cases.
In Palm Beach County, a record-setting 1,674 new cases were added over the past seven days. The percent positive rate over the seven day period is now 9.05 percent — that’s also appears to be a record high.
There are now — officially — 9,015 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County.
The Rebekah Jones report paints an even worse picture.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
Rebekah Jones is reporting a total of 85,478 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 3,022 deaths. According to Jones, 22,592 people have recovered from COVID-19 in the past six weeks.
Jones reports 95 available ICU beds in Palm Beach County as of 12:28 p.m. on Monday. Her hospital data is updated in real time — the Dept. of Health has suppressed that information.
There are 26 available ICU beds at Delray Medical Center, 3 ICU beds available at West Boca Medical Center (but 9 isolation beds), and 16 ICU beds available at Boca Raton Regional Hospital.
See the complete Rebekah Jones dashboard, being cited nationally, here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question
- CENTURY VILLAGE HORROR: 93 Year Old Man Kills Younger Woman
- SAM TO BECOME HURRICANE ON SATURDAY, FLORIDA PATH FOR NOW
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam To Rapidly Intensify, Now Southeast Of Florida
- Dropbox Calls Police On Boca Raton Man, Says He Uploaded Illegal Images
- CRAZY FLORIDA? Here’s The Official Language Blocking Kid COVID Quarantines
- FEDS: Local Women Spent $100K On Cosmetics In Credit Card Scam
- Florida Woman Calls 911 To Complain Delray Police Said Don’t Call 911
- MAJOR HURRICANE: Forecasters Expect Fast Strengthening For Storm East Of Florida