BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The just-released chart from the Florida Department of Health shows a significant uptick in emergency room visits for people complaining of flu-like symptoms in Palm Beach County — one of the metrics used for COVID-19 surveillance.
The chart, above, shows the dramatic incline. It is in sync with the official numbers released from the Florida Department of Health.
Officially: There are 77,326 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 2,938 deaths. An additional 1,807 cases were added on Sunday, continuing a record-setting multi-day period of new cases.
In Palm Beach County, a record-setting 1,674 new cases were added over the past seven days. The percent positive rate over the seven day period is now 9.05 percent — that’s also appears to be a record high.
There are now — officially — 9,015 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County.
The Rebekah Jones report paints an even worse picture.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
Rebekah Jones is reporting a total of 85,478 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 3,022 deaths. According to Jones, 22,592 people have recovered from COVID-19 in the past six weeks.
Jones reports 95 available ICU beds in Palm Beach County as of 12:28 p.m. on Monday. Her hospital data is updated in real time — the Dept. of Health has suppressed that information.
There are 26 available ICU beds at Delray Medical Center, 3 ICU beds available at West Boca Medical Center (but 9 isolation beds), and 16 ICU beds available at Boca Raton Regional Hospital.
See the complete Rebekah Jones dashboard, being cited nationally, here.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER SERVICE: Nor’easter To Pound North East, Rain To Dampen South Florida
- Boca Raton’s Robert Hevert Jailed On Felony Charge
- Here’s What It’s Like To Travel To Hawaii, And Why It Makes Florida Look So Bad
- Palm Beach County School Bus Drivers Infected With COVID As Numbers Climb District Wide
- Florida Adds 58,865 COVID-19 Cases In Just One Week
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant