BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Levis JCC Advisory Verbatim) — The Levis Jewish Community Center (Levis JCC) announces that its Marleen Forkas Camp Kavod, part of the Helene & Roy Schwedelson Special Needs Department, will proudly present its renowned summer program this year in partnership with We Rock the Spectrum. Camp Kavod, Palm Beach County’s largest camp program for children and teens with special needs, is known for providing unforgettable summers with activities specially developed to support and enhance the skills of these campers.
Housed on the campus of the Jewish Federation of South Palm Beach Country for more than 13 years, this summer for the first time ever, Camp Kavod will be held (in a modified format) at the We Rock the Spectrum, a specially equipped indoor gym and play center, while the Federation’s campus remains closed.
“During these challenging times, the need for social structure for children and teens with special needs and respite for their families is perhaps greater than ever. Although presenting our program as usual was not possible, we felt strongly that we needed to find a safe alternate location so that we could continue to serve our community this summer,” said Ali Landman, Director of the Levis JCC Schwedelson Special Needs Department. “We will present the same great programming and wonderful, dedicated returning staff our camp families know and love; campers will just enjoy Camp Kavod at a different location this summer.”
Camp Kavod at We Rock the Spectrum will be held July 6 – July 31 and is offered Monday through Friday in half-day options. Campers ages 3 – 12 will attend from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm (they must bring their lunch), while campers ages 13 – 22 will attend from 1:00 – 4:00 pm. The fee for this program is $1200 for four weeks (campers must register for all four weeks).
Activities will include art, cooking, social skills, We Rock gym time, Fitness with Matt, yoga, magic, entertainment and so much more. Snack will be provided daily to both groups. Both Camp Kavod and We Rock the Spectrum follow current CDC guidelines carefully; to comply with these guidelines, groups will consist of less than 10 people (including staff), and the following safety precautions will be implemented:
- Levis JCC Camp Kavod will have sole use of the gym during camp times; no outside guests will be permitted
- Daily temperature checks for staff and campers
- Increased hand washing
- Disinfecting touch points throughout the day
- Group sizes less than 10 (including staff)
- Drop off and pick up: staggered car-pool line/no parents allowed in the building
- Staff will wear masks when feasible
“We are so proud to partner with the Levis JCC to help provide programming to children and teens with special needs. Like the Levis JCC, We Rock the Spectrum is dedicated to serving this population with meaningful and enriching opportunities and we couldn’t ask for a better partner to do so,” said Gail Field, COO of We Rock the Spectrum. “We look forward to welcoming the Levis JCC Camp Kavod campers to our gym for a fantastic summer program.”
There is limited registration due to the necessity for smaller group sizes. Register for Camp Kavod at We Rock the Spectrum by emailing email@example.com.
Who: Campers with special needs ages 3-22
When: July 6 – 31st
Where: We Rock the Spectrum
9060 Kimberly Blvd #36-39, Boca Raton, FL 33434
Time: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm (ages 3 – 12; campers must bring lunch)
1:00 – 4:00 pm (ages 13-22)
Cost: $1,200 per camper for the 4-week program (must register for all 4 weeks)
Register: email Alil@levisjcc.org
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”