Cases Surging. Department Of Health Says COVID-19 Not Under Control.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As COVID-19 infection numbers surge in Palm Beach County, Commissioners are considering an executive order that would require everyone to wear facial coverings in public buildings.
Public buildings are not just “government” buildings where masks are already mandatory, but any store, restaurant, or other place that is open to the general public in Palm Beach County.
The extreme measure was discussed during a Tuesday Palm Beach County Commission meeting.
It is anything but a guarantee that such an order would be issued. It will be reconsidered in the Commission’s next meeting on June 25th, with a workshop on June 23rd.
Palm Beach County issued this official “run down” of Dr. Alina Alonso’s report concerning the COVID-19 surge in Palm Beach County.
“(Commissioners) received an update from Dr. Alina Alonso, director of the Florida Department of Health-Palm Beach County and Emergency Management Director Bill Johnson on local COVID-19 mitigation efforts. Dr. Alonso reported a significant spike in new cases, noting the highest number of new cases (1,439) was in the 25-34 age group. The positivity rate countywide has increased as well. Dr. Alonso attributed the trend reversal mainly to more people being out in public who are not practicing safe social distancing and wearing masks. The board agreed to discuss possibly instituting a mandatory mask order at a June 23 workshop.”
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BOCA: Man Attempts To Carjack Rolls Royce, And Take Owner’s Girlfriend
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended
- Florida Receives Additional $28M In Cares Act Funding, Help For Unemployed