Cases Surging. Department Of Health Says COVID-19 Not Under Control.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As COVID-19 infection numbers surge in Palm Beach County, Commissioners are considering an executive order that would require everyone to wear facial coverings in public buildings.
Public buildings are not just “government” buildings where masks are already mandatory, but any store, restaurant, or other place that is open to the general public in Palm Beach County.
The extreme measure was discussed during a Tuesday Palm Beach County Commission meeting.
It is anything but a guarantee that such an order would be issued. It will be reconsidered in the Commission’s next meeting on June 25th, with a workshop on June 23rd.
Palm Beach County issued this official “run down” of Dr. Alina Alonso’s report concerning the COVID-19 surge in Palm Beach County.
“(Commissioners) received an update from Dr. Alina Alonso, director of the Florida Department of Health-Palm Beach County and Emergency Management Director Bill Johnson on local COVID-19 mitigation efforts. Dr. Alonso reported a significant spike in new cases, noting the highest number of new cases (1,439) was in the 25-34 age group. The positivity rate countywide has increased as well. Dr. Alonso attributed the trend reversal mainly to more people being out in public who are not practicing safe social distancing and wearing masks. The board agreed to discuss possibly instituting a mandatory mask order at a June 23 workshop.”
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- UPDATE: Man Found Shot On Glades Road In Boca Raton Is Broward Resident
- Popular Atlantic Avenue Delray Beach Restaurant Cited By Health Inspector
- JESUS JAILED BY BOCA RATON POLICE DAYS BEFORE HOLY HOLIDAY
- Broward School District Calendar Changes To Make Up For “Hurricane Days”
- GLADES ROAD CLOSED: MAN SHOT, CRASHES CAR, BUT THERE’S A FLORIDA TWIST…
- REAL ESTATE DISASTER: Palm Beach County New Sales Plummet
- MAJOR DELAYS: I-95 Shut North Of Boynton Beach Due To Crash
- KNIFE FOUND IN STUDENT’S BAG AT DON ESTRIDGE BOCA RATON