West Boca Medical, Delray Medical Show Decrease In Available Beds
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — West Boca Medical Center is reporting a decrease in available ICU beds over the past day, according to a real time data stream provided by Florida’s Community Coronavirus Dashboard — founded by Florida’s fired lead data analyst Rebekah Jones.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
While we caution against jumping every time there is an increase in ICU usage at an area hospital — normal calamities continue — the latest numbers are notable.
As of mid-day Monday, West Boca Medical Center reported 3 available ICU beds and 9 isolation beds. As of Wednesday morning, West Boca reports 2 available ICU beds and 8 isolation beds.
At Delray Medical Center, 26 ICU beds were available on Monday. Now 23 are available.
At Boca Raton Regional Hospital, there is no change — 11 ICU beds remain available with 8 isolation beds.
At Bethesda’s east and west hospital, there has been no change in availability over the past 24 hours or so.
BocaNewsNow.com is not reporting pediatric ICU bed availability until clarity is received regarding the numbers reported — several readers asked legitimate questions concerning interpretation of the numbers. We are asking those questions and will update later Wednesday.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW