West Boca Medical, Delray Medical Show Decrease In Available Beds
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — West Boca Medical Center is reporting a decrease in available ICU beds over the past day, according to a real time data stream provided by Florida’s Community Coronavirus Dashboard — founded by Florida’s fired lead data analyst Rebekah Jones.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
While we caution against jumping every time there is an increase in ICU usage at an area hospital — normal calamities continue — the latest numbers are notable.
As of mid-day Monday, West Boca Medical Center reported 3 available ICU beds and 9 isolation beds. As of Wednesday morning, West Boca reports 2 available ICU beds and 8 isolation beds.
At Delray Medical Center, 26 ICU beds were available on Monday. Now 23 are available.
At Boca Raton Regional Hospital, there is no change — 11 ICU beds remain available with 8 isolation beds.
At Bethesda’s east and west hospital, there has been no change in availability over the past 24 hours or so.
BocaNewsNow.com is not reporting pediatric ICU bed availability until clarity is received regarding the numbers reported — several readers asked legitimate questions concerning interpretation of the numbers. We are asking those questions and will update later Wednesday.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: Man Used University of Florida Students In Massive Fraud
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing
- Palm Beach County Voting: Nearly Half Of Eligible Voters Have Already Voted
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis
- Palm Beach Schools: 209 Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Raton’s Ruben Uraga Jailed, Is Sex Offender
- APOLOGY: William Latson, Fired Spanish River High Principal, Says Not Holocaust Denier