West Boca Medical, Delray Medical Show Decrease In Available Beds
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — West Boca Medical Center is reporting a decrease in available ICU beds over the past day, according to a real time data stream provided by Florida’s Community Coronavirus Dashboard — founded by Florida’s fired lead data analyst Rebekah Jones.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
While we caution against jumping every time there is an increase in ICU usage at an area hospital — normal calamities continue — the latest numbers are notable.
As of mid-day Monday, West Boca Medical Center reported 3 available ICU beds and 9 isolation beds. As of Wednesday morning, West Boca reports 2 available ICU beds and 8 isolation beds.
At Delray Medical Center, 26 ICU beds were available on Monday. Now 23 are available.
At Boca Raton Regional Hospital, there is no change — 11 ICU beds remain available with 8 isolation beds.
At Bethesda’s east and west hospital, there has been no change in availability over the past 24 hours or so.
BocaNewsNow.com is not reporting pediatric ICU bed availability until clarity is received regarding the numbers reported — several readers asked legitimate questions concerning interpretation of the numbers. We are asking those questions and will update later Wednesday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat