DEPT. OF HEALTH: HOSPITAL VISITS IN PALM BEACH COUNTY SOAR
FLORIDA PERCENT POSITIVE RATE SPIKES TO 12.52 PERCENT
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The grim picture in Palm Beach County is getting worse with the latest official numbers just released from the Florida Department of Health.
The “percent positive” rate — an important metric in determining spread — has soared to a record 11.5 percent. County leaders had originally said the goal was to stay below 10 percent. The percent positive has passed 10 several times over the past two weeks — 11.5 percent appears to be an all-time high. The entire State of Florida percent positive hit 12.52 percent.
The percent positive is the percentage of positive tests out of all the tests recorded on a given day.
On Tuesday, Palm Beach County added 225 new cases, bringing the seven day new case total to 1781.
In Palm Beach County, there is an “official” count of 9,472 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count is 444.
The emergency room visit rate for people suffering “COVID-19” symptoms as well as “flu-like” symptoms is also ascending. Look at this chart:
Statewide, Florida is now officially reporting 82,719 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count statewide is now 3,018.
Rebekah Jones, the fired lead Florida data analyst who has created her own dashboard using real-time data, reports that actual case count in Florida is 88,261 as of mid-day Wednesday. She places the death count at 3110. Jones, according to Gov. Ron DeSantis, was fired for not following orders. Jones says the order was to suppress data.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps
- Expect 100,000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County By Weekend
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Teachers Told No Political Activity At Work
- Get Ready For Traffic, Flight Issues In Palm Beach County Wednesday
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages