DEPT. OF HEALTH: FLORIDA AGAIN HITS ALL-TIME HIGH
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County just recorded its highest “percent positive” rate during the COVID-19 crisis, suggesting there is a real problem with facial covering compliance and other mitigation efforts.
The Wednesday percent positive — according to the Florida Department of Health — is 13.4 percent. That means of all the test logged on Wednesday in Palm Beach County, 13.4 percent of them were positive. It was just 4.9 percent on June 4th.
There are now 9,854 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County according to the Florida Department of Health. At least 450 people have died in Palm Beach County.
Statewide, the official COVID-19 count is now 85,926 with 3,061 deaths. Florida added 2,714 new cases on Wednesday — oddly, the same exact number added on Monday. The Florida percent positive — again, based on Wednesday’s tests — is 10.73 percent. Palm Beach County continues to lead the statewide averages in most metrics.
The Florida Community Coronavirus Dashboard, created by Rebekah Jones, reveals even worse numbers.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available “real time” data. Her dashboard is being cited nationally.
Local hospital administrators have NOT disputed the accuracy of the information.
Jones reports 93,968 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 3,154 deaths. She reports 23,873 people have recovered in Florida — a number that is not released by the State of Florida.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low