DEPT. OF HEALTH: FLORIDA AGAIN HITS ALL-TIME HIGH
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County just recorded its highest “percent positive” rate during the COVID-19 crisis, suggesting there is a real problem with facial covering compliance and other mitigation efforts.
The Wednesday percent positive — according to the Florida Department of Health — is 13.4 percent. That means of all the test logged on Wednesday in Palm Beach County, 13.4 percent of them were positive. It was just 4.9 percent on June 4th.
There are now 9,854 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Palm Beach County according to the Florida Department of Health. At least 450 people have died in Palm Beach County.
Statewide, the official COVID-19 count is now 85,926 with 3,061 deaths. Florida added 2,714 new cases on Wednesday — oddly, the same exact number added on Monday. The Florida percent positive — again, based on Wednesday’s tests — is 10.73 percent. Palm Beach County continues to lead the statewide averages in most metrics.
The Florida Community Coronavirus Dashboard, created by Rebekah Jones, reveals even worse numbers.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available “real time” data. Her dashboard is being cited nationally.
Local hospital administrators have NOT disputed the accuracy of the information.
Jones reports 93,968 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 3,154 deaths. She reports 23,873 people have recovered in Florida — a number that is not released by the State of Florida.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges