BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: FHP Media Advisory Verbatim 7:43 p.m.) — On June 19, 2020, at approximately 11:47 AM, The Florida Highway Patrol(FHP) was notified of a shooting that took place southbound Interstate I-95, around the area of Boyton Beach Boulevard in Palm Beach County.
The Bureau of Crime Investigation and Intelligence(BCII) responded to the location where the victim stopped, on Interstate 95 and contact was made with two victims, the driver, a black male, 20 years of age, and the passenger, a black male, 19 years of age. As the investigation unfolded it was concluded that the victims were traveling southbound on I-95 in a red Honda Accord, when a white car whose driver is unknown at this time, drove up next to the driver side of the victim’s vehicle and fired multiple rounds. The victim’s vehicle was struck several times and its driver was hit around the waist area.
After the shots, the victims in the red Honda Accord pulled up to the right shoulder and made contact with the authorities. The suspect vehicle continued traveling southbound on I-95 without stopping. As the authorities arrived on scene, contact was made with Fire Rescue and the driver of the red Honda Accord was transported to Delray Beach Medical.
The driver of the red Honda Accord remains at Delray Beach medical in critical but stable condition. This case is still being investigated by the Bureau of Crime Investigation and Intelligence.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton