BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Government Officials — including Mayor Dave Kerner — will hold a news conference late this afternoon.
The news conference, which was just announced, comes as pressure mounts to institute a mandatory facial covering requirement in Palm Beach County — an act already put into place in Monroe County. Palm Beach County is reporting dramatic infection and “percent positive” rates which are largely out of sync with the rest of the state of Florida.
Facial covering compliance is so poor in Palm Beach County that Gov. Ron DeSantis highlighted the problem earlier this month. He has not approved Palm Beach County’s elevation to “phase 2” while much of the rest of the state has moved forward.
Florida just reported its single largest one day increase in new cases. More than 4000 new cases of COVID-19 were logged on Thursday.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster
- Palm Beach County Extends Facial Covering Executive Order
- Just 54,000 Students Returned To Palm Beach County Schools, 107K Stayed Online
- PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS: Parents, How Was In-Person Learning?
- Boca Raton Doctor Facing 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS CLEANING CRISIS: Principal Tells Teachers To “Make Solution Of Soap And Water”