BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Government Officials — including Mayor Dave Kerner — will hold a news conference late this afternoon.
The news conference, which was just announced, comes as pressure mounts to institute a mandatory facial covering requirement in Palm Beach County — an act already put into place in Monroe County. Palm Beach County is reporting dramatic infection and “percent positive” rates which are largely out of sync with the rest of the state of Florida.
Facial covering compliance is so poor in Palm Beach County that Gov. Ron DeSantis highlighted the problem earlier this month. He has not approved Palm Beach County’s elevation to “phase 2” while much of the rest of the state has moved forward.
Florida just reported its single largest one day increase in new cases. More than 4000 new cases of COVID-19 were logged on Thursday.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BOCA: Man Attempts To Carjack Rolls Royce, And Take Owner’s Girlfriend
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended
- Florida Receives Additional $28M In Cares Act Funding, Help For Unemployed