BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Government Officials — including Mayor Dave Kerner — will hold a news conference late this afternoon.
The news conference, which was just announced, comes as pressure mounts to institute a mandatory facial covering requirement in Palm Beach County — an act already put into place in Monroe County. Palm Beach County is reporting dramatic infection and “percent positive” rates which are largely out of sync with the rest of the state of Florida.
Facial covering compliance is so poor in Palm Beach County that Gov. Ron DeSantis highlighted the problem earlier this month. He has not approved Palm Beach County’s elevation to “phase 2” while much of the rest of the state has moved forward.
Florida just reported its single largest one day increase in new cases. More than 4000 new cases of COVID-19 were logged on Thursday.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CRASH UPDATE: Victim Of Fender Bender Killed When Hit Near Glades Road
- Generator Company Reviews: Tell Us About Your Experience In Palm Beach County
- United Way Of Palm Beach County Raises $433K For Non-Profit Workers
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED: Critical Crash Northbound Near Glades Road
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On The Wave, Development Possible
- Homeowner Sues Valencia Reserve, Critically Injured
- DONNA KLEIN JEWISH ACADEMY SUED: STUDENT BULLIED, INJURED
- POLICE: Bulldog Named Morty Attacks Golden Retriever In Seven Bridges, Punctures Ear
- HURRICANE CENTER: There’s Another Wave To Watch