STATEWIDE PERCENT POSITIVE HITS 11.67 PERCENT
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida topped its most recent one day COVID-19 record by adding at least 4066 new confirmed cases on Thursday. This is a record. These numbers are provided by the Florida Department of Health which has seemingly removed its daily graphic representation of the latest numbers.
The stunning addition is reported with another significant “percent positive” report — it’s 11.67 for the State of Florida. In simple terms, of all the tests logged on Thursday, 11.67 percent were positive. Health officials have continuously stated that the target is below 10 percent.
There are now 89,748 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Florida. At least 3,104 have died.
In Palm Beach County, another 234 confirmed cases were recored on Thursday. The percent positive rate for the past 7 days is 9.91 percent — with several days over 10 percent.
The death count in Palm Beach County is now at least 464.
The Rebekah Jones “Florida Community Coronavirus Dashboard” reports numbers that are even more dire.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
Using real-time data, she says 93,527 people are now confirmed positive in Florida. Her death count is 3,154. The dashboard reports 409 new cases in Palm Beach County with a death count one lower than the official report — her realtime data shows 463.
There are currently 113 ICU beds available in all of Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT