STATEWIDE PERCENT POSITIVE HITS 11.67 PERCENT
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida topped its most recent one day COVID-19 record by adding at least 4066 new confirmed cases on Thursday. This is a record. These numbers are provided by the Florida Department of Health which has seemingly removed its daily graphic representation of the latest numbers.
The stunning addition is reported with another significant “percent positive” report — it’s 11.67 for the State of Florida. In simple terms, of all the tests logged on Thursday, 11.67 percent were positive. Health officials have continuously stated that the target is below 10 percent.
There are now 89,748 confirmed COVID-19 infections in Florida. At least 3,104 have died.
In Palm Beach County, another 234 confirmed cases were recored on Thursday. The percent positive rate for the past 7 days is 9.91 percent — with several days over 10 percent.
The death count in Palm Beach County is now at least 464.
The Rebekah Jones “Florida Community Coronavirus Dashboard” reports numbers that are even more dire.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
Using real-time data, she says 93,527 people are now confirmed positive in Florida. Her death count is 3,154. The dashboard reports 409 new cases in Palm Beach County with a death count one lower than the official report — her realtime data shows 463.
There are currently 113 ICU beds available in all of Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low