FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY SET RECORDS FOR PERCENT POSITIVE
FACIAL MASK ENFORCEMENT MAY START IN DAYS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If a picture is worth 1000 words, the graphic above is worth more than 4000.
It’s another record set in Florida for new COVID-19 cases logged in just one day. The Florida Department of Health puts the official number at 4,847 with an unprecedented percent positive of 14.09 percent.
In simple terms: of all the test logged on Friday, 14.09 percent were positive. That is a record.
In Palm Beach County, which may be days away from mandating facial coverings in all public buildings, the story is just as bad. The county added 369 new cases on Friday with a percent positive of 14.0 percent. That too is a record.
Health officials have consistently said the target is no higher than 10 percent.
The official Florida infection count is now 93,797 with a death count of 3,144. At least 12,939 people in Florida have been hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues since monitoring began.
In Palm Beach County, the total case count is now 10,506 with 468 deaths.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- WATCH Former Trump Campaign Official Get Tackled By Fort Lauderdale Police
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen