FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY SET RECORDS FOR PERCENT POSITIVE
FACIAL MASK ENFORCEMENT MAY START IN DAYS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If a picture is worth 1000 words, the graphic above is worth more than 4000.
It’s another record set in Florida for new COVID-19 cases logged in just one day. The Florida Department of Health puts the official number at 4,847 with an unprecedented percent positive of 14.09 percent.
In simple terms: of all the test logged on Friday, 14.09 percent were positive. That is a record.
In Palm Beach County, which may be days away from mandating facial coverings in all public buildings, the story is just as bad. The county added 369 new cases on Friday with a percent positive of 14.0 percent. That too is a record.
Health officials have consistently said the target is no higher than 10 percent.
The official Florida infection count is now 93,797 with a death count of 3,144. At least 12,939 people in Florida have been hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues since monitoring began.
In Palm Beach County, the total case count is now 10,506 with 468 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday