BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Palm Beach County Commissioners prepare for a Tuesday debate over implementing a mandatory mask order, beaches across the area may help some make the argument for stricter rules as COVID-19 spreads.
These photos — from Boca Raton’s “South Beach” — were sent by readers concerned with what they documented. The photos were taken around 5 p.m. on Saturday according to the tipsters.
“Reckless behavior, crowding, partying, close contact, drinking and sports on beach in large groups,” wrote one.
“Impossible to social distance at South Beach in Boca,” wrote another. “Five minutes after placing our towels down I got hit by a football. We left right away.”
Have photos? Send them to news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Let us know where they were taken and when.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.
- DEADLY DAY: Florida Records Record 217 COVID Deaths
- Broward County Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Site
- BREAKING: Boca Fire To Offer COVID Shots, Just 200 Available
- Cool, Wet Weather For South Florida
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Inhaling Dangerous Chemicals
- SO MANY DEAD: Florida Loses 1,079 To COVID In One Week