BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Palm Beach County Commissioners prepare for a Tuesday debate over implementing a mandatory mask order, beaches across the area may help some make the argument for stricter rules as COVID-19 spreads.
These photos — from Boca Raton’s “South Beach” — were sent by readers concerned with what they documented. The photos were taken around 5 p.m. on Saturday according to the tipsters.
“Reckless behavior, crowding, partying, close contact, drinking and sports on beach in large groups,” wrote one.
“Impossible to social distance at South Beach in Boca,” wrote another. “Five minutes after placing our towels down I got hit by a football. We left right away.”
Have photos? Send them to news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Let us know where they were taken and when.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak