GYM NOT ACCUSED OF WRONGDOING. CONCERN OVER AGE OF CUSTOMERS, PALM BEACH COUNTY RULES.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County remains at Phase 1 of the “reopening plan,” but that apparently isn’t stopping gym goers from — well — you can draw your own conclusions by looking at the photo provided by a reader concerned with gym rules in Palm Beach County.
The photo above is LA Fitness at Powerline and Palmetto Park Road in Boca Raton. There is no accusation of wrongdoing by LA Fitness — the concern is the rules in place are leading people to make potentially poor choices.
Gyms are allowed to be opened at reduced capacity with mandatory social distancing and constant equipment cleaning. The concern of the reader: the current Florida and Palm Beach County rules suggest that grunting, panting and sweating in close proximity with no masks is okay.
An additional concern: the age of the people shown — a key demographic being hit hard in the area by COVID-19.
From the tipster:
“Attached is a picture from this morning in LA Fitness Boca, where people are grunting, panting, sweating, and talking face to face for extended periods, and you see many “over 50+” people, and barely a mask anywhere!!”
Palm Beach County Commissioners will consider mandating facial coverings for everyone in all public buildings during meetings this week.
Remember: there is no expectation of privacy in a public place. Send your photos to news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Please let us know where the photos were taken and when.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday
- PUBLIX COVID VACCINE: Palm Beach County Seniors Call System “Disaster”
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Laundromat Blaze
- PUBLIX COVID SHOTS: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Palm Beach School District Nears 1800 COVID Cases
- ALOHA FOOD SHACK: Palm Beach County To Investigate COVID Violations
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps