PALM BEACH COUNTY ADDS NEARLY 2000 CASES IN ONE WEEK
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Sunshine State may soon have a new nickname — State of Denial — as COVID-19 cases continue to surge. The Florida Dept. of Health says — officially — Florida added 5,576 new cases on Saturday. That’s a record.
The state added more than 30,000 cases in just the past seven days.
In Palm Beach County, where commissioners are preparing intense debate Tuesday over a proposed mandatory mask rule, the story isn’t better. Palm Beach County added 1,931 cases of COVID-19 over the past seven days.
Hospital visits, as you can see on the chart below, have shot up for influenza-like symptoms.
There are now at least 95,139 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida with 3,161 deaths. Palm Beach County reports at least 10,754 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 468 deaths.
The five day percent positive rate for Florida is now 12.48. The five day percent positive rate for Palm Beach County is 11.22. Health officials say the target is 10 percent or lower.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 994 confirmed cases of COVID-19. It’s 1,001 in Boynton Beach and 727 in Delray Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLYING TODAY? JetBlue, United, Southwest All Reporting Delays Out Of Fort Lauderdale
- WEATHER: Stunning Days Ahead For Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- OMICRON: No Mask Change, Yet, For Palm Beach Schools
- SIRENS: Car Crashes At SunPass Building, Several Fall In Boca West, Pot Burns At Kings Point
- Boynton Man Who Allegedly Stole Kid’s College Fund Demands Article Removal, Not Happening
- Multiple High Priority Violations For Boca Raton Italian Restaurant
- SIRENS: Car Burns In Mizner Country Club, Car Crashes In Kings Point, Person Drunk In Publix
- Fort Lauderdale Airport: Parking Back To Normal, Garages Open Again
- Boca Raton Woman Missing, Police Ask For Tips