BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County is only behind Miami-Dade County when it comes to pediatric COVID-19 infections, according to the Florida Department of Health.
The just-released numbers complicate the already complicated decisions to be made by Palm Beach County School District officials who are preparing to announce opening plans no later than July 15th.
According to the Department of Health, 682 children are — or have been — infected with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County. It is second only to Miami-Dade which logged 856 pediatric cases of COVID-19 so far.
The State of Florida is classifying anyone under the age of 18 as being a “pediatric” case.
There has only been one documented case of Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome (MIS-C) in Palm Beach County. That is listed as a two year old child whose race is listed as “Black.” Miami-Dade leads the state with four cases of MIS-C. There are 12 documented cases of MIS-C in Florida.
There is one case of MIS-C in Duvall County, four cases in Miami-Dade, one case in Broward, one case in Collier and one case in Palm Beach County, according to an official report from the Florida Department of Health.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Teachers Told No Political Activity At Work
- Get Ready For Traffic, Flight Issues In Palm Beach County Wednesday
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar
- South Palm Beach County Hospitals Filling With COVID Patients