BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The official Florida Department of Health count of COVID-19 infected in the state is now 100,217. The death count has hit 3,173. At least 13,119 people have died in Florida.
After several record-setting days, Florida logged an additional 3,338 cases on Sunday — a day on which numbers have historically been lower than the rest of the week. Florida hit more than 5,000 new cases on Saturday.
The percent positive — based on Sunday’s numbers — dropped to just under 9 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 169 cases were added on Sunday and again, the percent positive dropped from a high of 13.9 percent on Friday to 6.1 percent.
Palm Beach County has logged 10,943 cases of COVID-19 with 468 deaths.
The Florid Covid Action database, run by Rebekah Jones, reveals higher numbers.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
Her dashboard reports 105,772 infected people in Florida with 3,254 deaths. She reports that 25,425 people have recovered — a number not reported by the State of Florida.
Florida also is not reporting real-time ICU bed count, but the Covid Action database does, using real-time information provided by hospitals.
According to the database, there are 94 open ICU beds in Palm Beach County.
While some hospitals — including Boca Raton Regional and Delray Medical Center all show ICU bed availability without concern, Bethesda Hospital West reports 0 adult ICU beds and 0 pediatric ICU beds. There are 6 isolation beds available at Bethesda West.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach