BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The official Florida Department of Health count of COVID-19 infected in the state is now 100,217. The death count has hit 3,173. At least 13,119 people have died in Florida.
After several record-setting days, Florida logged an additional 3,338 cases on Sunday — a day on which numbers have historically been lower than the rest of the week. Florida hit more than 5,000 new cases on Saturday.
The percent positive — based on Sunday’s numbers — dropped to just under 9 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 169 cases were added on Sunday and again, the percent positive dropped from a high of 13.9 percent on Friday to 6.1 percent.
Palm Beach County has logged 10,943 cases of COVID-19 with 468 deaths.
The Florid Covid Action database, run by Rebekah Jones, reveals higher numbers.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
Her dashboard reports 105,772 infected people in Florida with 3,254 deaths. She reports that 25,425 people have recovered — a number not reported by the State of Florida.
Florida also is not reporting real-time ICU bed count, but the Covid Action database does, using real-time information provided by hospitals.
According to the database, there are 94 open ICU beds in Palm Beach County.
While some hospitals — including Boca Raton Regional and Delray Medical Center all show ICU bed availability without concern, Bethesda Hospital West reports 0 adult ICU beds and 0 pediatric ICU beds. There are 6 isolation beds available at Bethesda West.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School