BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The official Florida Department of Health count of COVID-19 infected in the state is now 100,217. The death count has hit 3,173. At least 13,119 people have died in Florida.
After several record-setting days, Florida logged an additional 3,338 cases on Sunday — a day on which numbers have historically been lower than the rest of the week. Florida hit more than 5,000 new cases on Saturday.
The percent positive — based on Sunday’s numbers — dropped to just under 9 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 169 cases were added on Sunday and again, the percent positive dropped from a high of 13.9 percent on Friday to 6.1 percent.
Palm Beach County has logged 10,943 cases of COVID-19 with 468 deaths.
The Florid Covid Action database, run by Rebekah Jones, reveals higher numbers.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below.
Her dashboard reports 105,772 infected people in Florida with 3,254 deaths. She reports that 25,425 people have recovered — a number not reported by the State of Florida.
Florida also is not reporting real-time ICU bed count, but the Covid Action database does, using real-time information provided by hospitals.
According to the database, there are 94 open ICU beds in Palm Beach County.
While some hospitals — including Boca Raton Regional and Delray Medical Center all show ICU bed availability without concern, Bethesda Hospital West reports 0 adult ICU beds and 0 pediatric ICU beds. There are 6 isolation beds available at Bethesda West.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record
- Florida Withholding COVID-19 Infection, Death Report For Wednesday