BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Palm Beach County Commissioners are being blasted by people who believe COVID is a conspiracy theory and masks are a violation of civil rights, Florida yet again posted a massive increase in new COVID-19 cases.
The new count: 4,933 cases were logged on Monday. The percent positive jumped back up to 13.19. The target number — according to health officials — is under 10 percent.
There are now 103,503 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is 3,238. At least 13,325 people have been hospitalized, according to the State of Florida Department of Health.
In Palm Beach County, the percent positive jumped to 10.7 percent on Monday with 284 new cases. 1,951 new cases have been logged in Palm Beach County over just 7 days.
In Boca Raton, 1,042 people have tested positive for COVID-19. In Delray Beach it’s 751. In Boynton Beach the number is now 1,043.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike