BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Palm Beach County Commissioners are being blasted by people who believe COVID is a conspiracy theory and masks are a violation of civil rights, Florida yet again posted a massive increase in new COVID-19 cases.
The new count: 4,933 cases were logged on Monday. The percent positive jumped back up to 13.19. The target number — according to health officials — is under 10 percent.
There are now 103,503 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is 3,238. At least 13,325 people have been hospitalized, according to the State of Florida Department of Health.
In Palm Beach County, the percent positive jumped to 10.7 percent on Monday with 284 new cases. 1,951 new cases have been logged in Palm Beach County over just 7 days.
In Boca Raton, 1,042 people have tested positive for COVID-19. In Delray Beach it’s 751. In Boynton Beach the number is now 1,043.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach
- Inmate Sues Boca Raton’s GEO Group For Withholding Dental Care
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Has 30 Percent Chance Of Development
- Michael Burke Named Interim Superintendent of Palm Beach County Schools