BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Palm Beach County Commissioners are being blasted by people who believe COVID is a conspiracy theory and masks are a violation of civil rights, Florida yet again posted a massive increase in new COVID-19 cases.
The new count: 4,933 cases were logged on Monday. The percent positive jumped back up to 13.19. The target number — according to health officials — is under 10 percent.
There are now 103,503 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is 3,238. At least 13,325 people have been hospitalized, according to the State of Florida Department of Health.
In Palm Beach County, the percent positive jumped to 10.7 percent on Monday with 284 new cases. 1,951 new cases have been logged in Palm Beach County over just 7 days.
In Boca Raton, 1,042 people have tested positive for COVID-19. In Delray Beach it’s 751. In Boynton Beach the number is now 1,043.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected