BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As Palm Beach County Commissioners are being blasted by people who believe COVID is a conspiracy theory and masks are a violation of civil rights, Florida yet again posted a massive increase in new COVID-19 cases.
The new count: 4,933 cases were logged on Monday. The percent positive jumped back up to 13.19. The target number — according to health officials — is under 10 percent.
There are now 103,503 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is 3,238. At least 13,325 people have been hospitalized, according to the State of Florida Department of Health.
In Palm Beach County, the percent positive jumped to 10.7 percent on Monday with 284 new cases. 1,951 new cases have been logged in Palm Beach County over just 7 days.
In Boca Raton, 1,042 people have tested positive for COVID-19. In Delray Beach it’s 751. In Boynton Beach the number is now 1,043.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.
- DEADLY DAY: Florida Records Record 217 COVID Deaths
- Broward County Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Site
- BREAKING: Boca Fire To Offer COVID Shots, Just 200 Available
- Cool, Wet Weather For South Florida
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Inhaling Dangerous Chemicals