Commissioners To Debate Order Today, Tuesday, During Workshop
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Commissioners today will debate a mandatory mask order for every public building in Palm Beach County.
As we’ve reported, “public” means any place where the public can go — not just government facilities. Supermarkets, retail locations, schools and restaurants would be included in the mandatory mask order.
Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw now tells County Commissioners that he will enforce any order approved by the Commission. Fines could hit $500, jail time could last 30 days for violators.
The agenda item is tentatively scheduled for 2 p.m., although items are moved around. We expect the workshop to be broadcast live on public television (click here for live stream).
Here’s the language crafted for today’s Palm Beach County Commission workshop:
“Regarding mandatory facial coverings in public places as discussed and directed at the June 16, 2020 Board of County Commissioner (BCC) meeting. SUMMARY: As the County moves forward with reopening businesses and recreational activities, every effort has and will be made to safely open the venues. Facial coverings, physical distancing and personal responsibility are paramount in continuing to move forward to the new normal. At the June 16, 2020 BCC meeting, staff was directed to agenda, on the June 23, 2020 Workshop meeting, the issue of mandatory facial coverings. In addition, staff was directed to speak with Sheriff Rick Bradshaw as well as Broward and Miami Dade Counties regarding the enforcement of facial coverings. The Sheriff states that he will enforce the law if passed by the Board. Further, both Broward and Miami Dade are enforcing the facial covering requirements. The common factor among all parties, including Palm Beach County, is education on the benefits of wearing the facial coverings. Countywide (RB) (Admin).”
IN OTHER NEWS: Story getting attention on BocaNewsNow.com. How to bring summer camp home.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER