POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO) — Philip Edwards was arrested by Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives for the murder of Kathi Blankenberg.
At approximately 5:19 a.m. Monday, June 22, Edwards claimed he had found his wife shot in their home located at 614 Gardens Drive in Pompano Beach. BSO deputies arrived and discovered Blankenberg’s deceased body inside the residence.
Twin infants were also located in the home. The girls were unharmed and are currently in the custody of the Florida Department of Children and Families.
Edwards was arrested Monday night following the execution of a search warrant. Several firearms, including the murder weapon, were located inside his Mercedes Benz. He faces charges related to second degree murder, child neglect, possession of a weapon and probation violation.
The homicide investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance