POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO) — Philip Edwards was arrested by Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives for the murder of Kathi Blankenberg.
At approximately 5:19 a.m. Monday, June 22, Edwards claimed he had found his wife shot in their home located at 614 Gardens Drive in Pompano Beach. BSO deputies arrived and discovered Blankenberg’s deceased body inside the residence.
Twin infants were also located in the home. The girls were unharmed and are currently in the custody of the Florida Department of Children and Families.
Edwards was arrested Monday night following the execution of a search warrant. Several firearms, including the murder weapon, were located inside his Mercedes Benz. He faces charges related to second degree murder, child neglect, possession of a weapon and probation violation.
The homicide investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?