POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO) — Philip Edwards was arrested by Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives for the murder of Kathi Blankenberg.
At approximately 5:19 a.m. Monday, June 22, Edwards claimed he had found his wife shot in their home located at 614 Gardens Drive in Pompano Beach. BSO deputies arrived and discovered Blankenberg’s deceased body inside the residence.
Twin infants were also located in the home. The girls were unharmed and are currently in the custody of the Florida Department of Children and Families.
Edwards was arrested Monday night following the execution of a search warrant. Several firearms, including the murder weapon, were located inside his Mercedes Benz. He faces charges related to second degree murder, child neglect, possession of a weapon and probation violation.
The homicide investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Expect 100,000 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County By Weekend
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Teachers Told No Political Activity At Work
- Get Ready For Traffic, Flight Issues In Palm Beach County Wednesday
- Publix COVID-19 Shots Available Thursday In Palm Beach County
- KINSA: Holiday Surge Just Starting, Palm Beach County Critical
- Two Theft Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Boca Obesity Clinic Sued Over Unsolicited Text Messages
- DEAD RISING: Florida’s COVID Death Count Rises By 137 In One Day
- POLICE: Husband Assaults Pregnant Wife In Boca Raton Bar