POMPANO BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: BSO) — Philip Edwards was arrested by Broward Sheriff’s Office homicide detectives for the murder of Kathi Blankenberg.
At approximately 5:19 a.m. Monday, June 22, Edwards claimed he had found his wife shot in their home located at 614 Gardens Drive in Pompano Beach. BSO deputies arrived and discovered Blankenberg’s deceased body inside the residence.
Twin infants were also located in the home. The girls were unharmed and are currently in the custody of the Florida Department of Children and Families.
Edwards was arrested Monday night following the execution of a search warrant. Several firearms, including the murder weapon, were located inside his Mercedes Benz. He faces charges related to second degree murder, child neglect, possession of a weapon and probation violation.
The homicide investigation continues.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens