Van Kirk Alleges Customers Used “Outside” Contractors To Perform Pool Work
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Van Kirk Pools is suing a Delray Beach couple for libel and defamation, claiming that the couple posted negative reviews about Van Kirk after the couple hired outside contractors to perform work on the Van Kirk project.
According to the suit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Van Kirk and Sons claims that Joseph and Jessica Brooks hired them to install a pool at their residence on Lakeview Blvd. in Delray Beach when “Van Kirk discovered that Brooks utilized other contractors and/or workers to perform work on the Project.”
BocaNewsNow.com was unable to locate the Van Kirk building permit for the residence in the Palm Beach County Planning and Zoning online database. You can read the complete lawsuit, below.
From the suit: “Brooks performed this work utilizing Van Kirk’s building permit and without the proper inspections. Van Kirk notified Brooks of their unlawful and material breach of contract.”
Also in the suit:
“Thereafter, Brooks negligently or intentionally published for public viewing, false defamatory statements about Van Kirk, including but not limited to, allegations that Van Kirk is a “scam,” Van Kirk did not deliver what they promised, Vans Kirk submitted plans incorrectly, and Van Kirk was negligent.”
It is unclear why the Brooks family felt it necessary to hire outside contractors — if the allegation is true. Here is the review that Van Kirk claims the Brooks’ posted on Google:
Van Kirk is seeking damages in excess of $75,000.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County: Don’t Mail Your Ballot, Hand Deliver
- Hurricane Center: Another Tropical System Forming
- Palm Beach Students Not Distancing Says School Board Member
- FEDS: Man Used University of Florida Students In Massive Fraud
- FAU Presents Virtual Dance Concert
- COVID: Palm Beach County ER Visits Increasing
- Palm Beach County Voting: Nearly Half Of Eligible Voters Have Already Voted
- Boca Raton’s Waltuch Family Sponsors Magen David Adom Ambulance
- DUI Charge For Delray’s Joanne McGinnis