Van Kirk Alleges Customers Used “Outside” Contractors To Perform Pool Work
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Van Kirk Pools is suing a Delray Beach couple for libel and defamation, claiming that the couple posted negative reviews about Van Kirk after the couple hired outside contractors to perform work on the Van Kirk project.
According to the suit just filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court, Van Kirk and Sons claims that Joseph and Jessica Brooks hired them to install a pool at their residence on Lakeview Blvd. in Delray Beach when “Van Kirk discovered that Brooks utilized other contractors and/or workers to perform work on the Project.”
BocaNewsNow.com was unable to locate the Van Kirk building permit for the residence in the Palm Beach County Planning and Zoning online database. You can read the complete lawsuit, below.
From the suit: “Brooks performed this work utilizing Van Kirk’s building permit and without the proper inspections. Van Kirk notified Brooks of their unlawful and material breach of contract.”
Also in the suit:
“Thereafter, Brooks negligently or intentionally published for public viewing, false defamatory statements about Van Kirk, including but not limited to, allegations that Van Kirk is a “scam,” Van Kirk did not deliver what they promised, Vans Kirk submitted plans incorrectly, and Van Kirk was negligent.”
It is unclear why the Brooks family felt it necessary to hire outside contractors — if the allegation is true. Here is the review that Van Kirk claims the Brooks’ posted on Google:
Van Kirk is seeking damages in excess of $75,000.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Arrest Man For Federal Highway Fatal
- INCREDIBLE: Murder Arrest In Cold Case From 1985, Elderly Woman Killed
- West Boca Medical Center’s COVID Protocol Just Might Kill Someone
- Murder, Kidnap Charges For Jailed Boynton Beach Man
- In-Person Graduation Ceremonies For Palm Beach County School District
- POLICE: Woman Threatens To Run Over Dog Walker In Boca Raton
- Jimmy Buffett To Stage Open Air Concerts In Delray Beach
- Boca Raton’s Victoria Boettcher Jailed On DUI, “Almost Hit House”
- Boca Raton Marriott, In Prom Controversy, Was Subject Of COVID Complaint