BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — New York Governor Andrew Cuomo, NJ Governor Phil Murphy and CT Gov. Ned Lamont are right now (11:38 a.m.) announcing a mandatory quarantine of all Florida visitors to New York, New Jersey and Connecticut for 14-days.
The quarantine matches the order still in effect in Florida, requiring visitors from NY, NJ and CT to self-quarantine upon arrival in Florida.
It’s not just Florida. The mandatory quarantine is also in effect for visitors from other states that are also showing COVID-19 surges.
Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, North Carolina, South Carolina, Washington, Utah and Texas. These states are outpacing much of the rest of the country with new COVID-19 infections. As the northeast has started to settle, several of the named states — especially Florida — are in increasingly bad shape.
Cuomo said the list may change daily — it’s based on a rolling “percent positive” average.
Police will stop cars with out of state license plates. Offenders will face fines and mandatory, court-ordered quarantines. Hotels are being told to question visitors.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Publix COVID Vaccine Appointments Available, Here’s How To Book
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed