PUBLIC SPEAKS: WANTS LEGITIMATE FLORIDA COVID-19 DATA
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida COVID Action database, which is a real-time look at many of the statistics Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis apparently doesn’t want you to see, is such a success that its already raised nearly $200,000 to keep it running 24/7.
The goal is $500,000.
The database was founded by Florida’s lead data scientist — Rebekah Jones — who was fired for what Gov. DeSantis said was a refusal to follow directions. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data, but refused.
Jones started a GoFundMe campaign just a few weeks ago as she efforted to provide data that the Florida Dept. of Health apparently didn’t want reported. Those efforts have led to a massive outpouring of support.
Using real-time data feeds from local health departments, hospitals and testing facilities, her dashboard is providing an in-depth look at COVID-19 in Florida that Florida itself is not providing.
And click here to see how a data scientist is doing everything she can to provide the public with vial information. It will take you directly to the dashboard which is now cited nationally as a leading source of just how challenged the Florida situation truly is.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday
- PUBLIX COVID VACCINE: Palm Beach County Seniors Call System “Disaster”
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Laundromat Blaze
- PUBLIX COVID SHOTS: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Palm Beach School District Nears 1800 COVID Cases
- ALOHA FOOD SHACK: Palm Beach County To Investigate COVID Violations
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps