PUBLIC SPEAKS: WANTS LEGITIMATE FLORIDA COVID-19 DATA
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Florida COVID Action database, which is a real-time look at many of the statistics Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis apparently doesn’t want you to see, is such a success that its already raised nearly $200,000 to keep it running 24/7.
The goal is $500,000.
The database was founded by Florida’s lead data scientist — Rebekah Jones — who was fired for what Gov. DeSantis said was a refusal to follow directions. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data, but refused.
Jones started a GoFundMe campaign just a few weeks ago as she efforted to provide data that the Florida Dept. of Health apparently didn’t want reported. Those efforts have led to a massive outpouring of support.
Using real-time data feeds from local health departments, hospitals and testing facilities, her dashboard is providing an in-depth look at COVID-19 in Florida that Florida itself is not providing.
And click here to see how a data scientist is doing everything she can to provide the public with vial information. It will take you directly to the dashboard which is now cited nationally as a leading source of just how challenged the Florida situation truly is.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat