BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It’s a great day to socially distance from other people — the heat index in Palm Beach County is going to hit 109.
Here’s the advisory from the National Weather Service.
…HEAT INDEX VALUES BETWEEN 105 AND 109 DEGREES ARE EXPECTED
TODAY ACROSS PORTIONS OF SOUTH FLORIDA…
The combination of hot temperatures and high dewpoints will
produce heat indices at or above 105 degrees today, especially
across the east coast metro and interior sections of South
Florida. Residents with outdoor activities planned are urged to
drink plenty of water, wear light weight and light colored
clothing, and take frequent breaks from the heat. Young children
and pets should never be left unattended in vehicles under any
circumstances. This is especially true during warm or hot weather
when car interiors can reach lethal temperatures in a matter of
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE IAN: Moving Ashore, Schools Closed Thursday, Power Out
- HURRICANE IAN EYEWALL COMING ASHORE, EXPECT WEATHER TO DETERIORATE
- PALM BEACH COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS CLOSED THURSDAY
- POWER OUTAGES CONTINUE: Thousands Without Power In Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade
- HURRICANE IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY CONDITIONS TO DETERIORATE
- TRAVEL: FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS MOUNT AS HURRICANE IAN APPROACHES
- HURRICANE IAN NEARLY CATEGORY FIVE
- KINGS POINT HIT BY POSSIBLE TORNADO, SIGNIFICANT DAMAGE
- REMINDER: ALL SCHOOLS CLOSED IN PALM BEACH COUNTY