BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s Department of Health confirms that the State of Florida just added another 5,028 confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday. That’s in addition to the 5.499 added on Tuesday. The total over just two days: 10,527.
Totals are released a day after they are recorded as officials need to calculate and confirm the additions. Numbers released Thursday represent Wednesday’s activity.
The percent positive in Florida based on Wednesday’s additions is 10.02 percent. That is a significant drop from Tuesday’s 18.41 percent but still higher than what health officials want to see.
In Palm Beach County, an additional 310 cases were logged on Wednesday and announced on Thursday. Palm Beach County’s percent positive rate dropped from 18.2 percent based on Tuesday’s numbers to 8.8 percent based on Wednesday’s numbers.
The seven day average is 10.68 percent in Palm Beach County.
Statewide, there are now at least 114,018 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 3,327 confirmed deaths.
In Palm Beach County, the official infection count is 11,840 with 486 deaths.
Boca Raton reports 1,135 infections, Delray Beach reports 779, Boynton Beach reports 1,095 confirmed COVID-19 cases.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- As Trump Moves To Florida, COVID Infections, Deaths Rise
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine System Didn’t Crash, More Available Friday
- PUBLIX COVID VACCINE: Palm Beach County Seniors Call System “Disaster”
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Laundromat Blaze
- PUBLIX COVID SHOTS: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Palm Beach School District Nears 1800 COVID Cases
- ALOHA FOOD SHACK: Palm Beach County To Investigate COVID Violations
- DARWINISM: Motorcyclist Pops A Wheelie, Hits Boca Man, Dies
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Jumps