BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s Department of Health confirms that the State of Florida just added another 5,028 confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday. That’s in addition to the 5.499 added on Tuesday. The total over just two days: 10,527.
Totals are released a day after they are recorded as officials need to calculate and confirm the additions. Numbers released Thursday represent Wednesday’s activity.
The percent positive in Florida based on Wednesday’s additions is 10.02 percent. That is a significant drop from Tuesday’s 18.41 percent but still higher than what health officials want to see.
In Palm Beach County, an additional 310 cases were logged on Wednesday and announced on Thursday. Palm Beach County’s percent positive rate dropped from 18.2 percent based on Tuesday’s numbers to 8.8 percent based on Wednesday’s numbers.
The seven day average is 10.68 percent in Palm Beach County.
Statewide, there are now at least 114,018 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 3,327 confirmed deaths.
In Palm Beach County, the official infection count is 11,840 with 486 deaths.
Boca Raton reports 1,135 infections, Delray Beach reports 779, Boynton Beach reports 1,095 confirmed COVID-19 cases.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- WATCH Former Trump Campaign Official Get Tackled By Fort Lauderdale Police
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen