BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida’s Department of Health confirms that the State of Florida just added another 5,028 confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday. That’s in addition to the 5.499 added on Tuesday. The total over just two days: 10,527.
Totals are released a day after they are recorded as officials need to calculate and confirm the additions. Numbers released Thursday represent Wednesday’s activity.
The percent positive in Florida based on Wednesday’s additions is 10.02 percent. That is a significant drop from Tuesday’s 18.41 percent but still higher than what health officials want to see.
In Palm Beach County, an additional 310 cases were logged on Wednesday and announced on Thursday. Palm Beach County’s percent positive rate dropped from 18.2 percent based on Tuesday’s numbers to 8.8 percent based on Wednesday’s numbers.
The seven day average is 10.68 percent in Palm Beach County.
Statewide, there are now at least 114,018 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 3,327 confirmed deaths.
In Palm Beach County, the official infection count is 11,840 with 486 deaths.
Boca Raton reports 1,135 infections, Delray Beach reports 779, Boynton Beach reports 1,095 confirmed COVID-19 cases.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Body Found In Boynton Beach Garage
- Woodfield Country Club Sued Over Flooded Car, Refuses To Pay Employee
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 70 Percent Chance System Forms South of Florida
- Delray Beach Woman Arrested, DUI Hit And Run
- TWO SYSTEMS: Hurricane Center Watching Two Waves East, West Of Florida
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Wife Finds Husband With Hookers, Attacks
- Woman Speeding On Glades Road Arrested For DUI In Boca Raton
- Water Treatment Dates Set, May Taste Weird In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton
- While Publix Refuses To Vaccinate Young Children, Palm Beach County Offers Shots