BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a must read article in today’s New York Times (link below) focusing on the failures of Florida’s leaders who had been “smirking” at New York’s lockdowns and mask orders — only to find that New York is in a much better place right now than Florida — Boca Raton is cited as COVID-19 problem.
The article looks at New Yorkers who had traveled to Palm Beach County as COVID-19 spread through the Empire State, only to find that people in places like Boca Raton weren’t taking COVID seriously so decided to return to NY.
One of the people — man who left NY for a second home in Boca Raton, only to return to New York — specifically cited what he observed in Boca. “A barber not wearing a mask” and a worker in a bagel shop “who prepared a platter without a mask or gloves.”
Read the entire New York Times article here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested