BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a must read article in today’s New York Times (link below) focusing on the failures of Florida’s leaders who had been “smirking” at New York’s lockdowns and mask orders — only to find that New York is in a much better place right now than Florida — Boca Raton is cited as COVID-19 problem.
The article looks at New Yorkers who had traveled to Palm Beach County as COVID-19 spread through the Empire State, only to find that people in places like Boca Raton weren’t taking COVID seriously so decided to return to NY.
One of the people — man who left NY for a second home in Boca Raton, only to return to New York — specifically cited what he observed in Boca. “A barber not wearing a mask” and a worker in a bagel shop “who prepared a platter without a mask or gloves.”
Read the entire New York Times article here.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive