BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a must read article in today’s New York Times (link below) focusing on the failures of Florida’s leaders who had been “smirking” at New York’s lockdowns and mask orders — only to find that New York is in a much better place right now than Florida — Boca Raton is cited as COVID-19 problem.
The article looks at New Yorkers who had traveled to Palm Beach County as COVID-19 spread through the Empire State, only to find that people in places like Boca Raton weren’t taking COVID seriously so decided to return to NY.
One of the people — man who left NY for a second home in Boca Raton, only to return to New York — specifically cited what he observed in Boca. “A barber not wearing a mask” and a worker in a bagel shop “who prepared a platter without a mask or gloves.”
Read the entire New York Times article here.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees
- Palm Beach County Schools Hide Expulsion Information, Race Questions Raised