BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a must read article in today’s New York Times (link below) focusing on the failures of Florida’s leaders who had been “smirking” at New York’s lockdowns and mask orders — only to find that New York is in a much better place right now than Florida — Boca Raton is cited as COVID-19 problem.
The article looks at New Yorkers who had traveled to Palm Beach County as COVID-19 spread through the Empire State, only to find that people in places like Boca Raton weren’t taking COVID seriously so decided to return to NY.
One of the people — man who left NY for a second home in Boca Raton, only to return to New York — specifically cited what he observed in Boca. “A barber not wearing a mask” and a worker in a bagel shop “who prepared a platter without a mask or gloves.”
Read the entire New York Times article here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car