BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner just announced during an afternoon news conference that Palm Beach County is sending reusable masks to 660,000 homes in Palm Beach County.
The move comes as the county now mandates mask use in virtually all public settings, and days after education and enforcement team started spot checks throughout the county.
It was not immediately clear when the masks would be sent or if every home — as Kerner suggested — would receive enough for each resident.
Kerner also said an app would soon be available to assist in mask education and possibly enforcement.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official