Announcement Made As Cases Continue To Surge In South Florida
MIAMI, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a story breaking Friday night, Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez has announced that he will sign an executive order CLOSING all beaches in Miami-Dade County starting on July 3rd.
“After consulting with our County’s public health experts,” he wrote, “ I will be signing an emergency order on Saturday to close all beaches in Miami-Dade County starting Friday, July 3, and ending Tuesday, July 7. The closure may be extended if conditions do not improve and people do not follow ‘New Normal’ rules requiring masks…”
The order comes as Florida logged more than 10,000 new cases in total (resident and non-resident) on Thursday and announced on Friday.
Palm Beach County officials have not yet announced whether they intend to close beaches for the July 4th weekend as well. Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties have been attempting to work in lock-step with each other when it comes to major closures and announcements. The concern is Miami-Dade residents will drive North to Broward and Palm Beach Counties and overcrowd beaches.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Rina And Philippe Remain East Of Florida, New Wave May Form
- Toilet Talk! This Guy Wants Everyone To Hear What He’s Saying In Airport Lounge
- Arrest Made In North Broward Movie Theater Beating
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Drug, Weapon Charges
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two Tropical Storms East Of Florida, Another Wave Developing
- Major Police Activity In West Boca Raton’s Lotus Community
- Stonebridge Country Club Boca Raton Initiates Foreclosure Over $2100
- Major Broward County Crash Backing Up I-95 Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Kings Point Delray Beach Sued After Shooting