Announcement Made As Cases Continue To Surge In South Florida
MIAMI, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In a story breaking Friday night, Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez has announced that he will sign an executive order CLOSING all beaches in Miami-Dade County starting on July 3rd.
“After consulting with our County’s public health experts,” he wrote, “ I will be signing an emergency order on Saturday to close all beaches in Miami-Dade County starting Friday, July 3, and ending Tuesday, July 7. The closure may be extended if conditions do not improve and people do not follow ‘New Normal’ rules requiring masks…”
The order comes as Florida logged more than 10,000 new cases in total (resident and non-resident) on Thursday and announced on Friday.
Palm Beach County officials have not yet announced whether they intend to close beaches for the July 4th weekend as well. Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties have been attempting to work in lock-step with each other when it comes to major closures and announcements. The concern is Miami-Dade residents will drive North to Broward and Palm Beach Counties and overcrowd beaches.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days