HERE’S WHY YOU’RE SEEING TWO NUMBERS: 10,528 and 8,933 INFECTIONS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is a numbers game being played by the COVID-Deniers and the people who focus on science and facts. We want to spell it out as only BocaNewsNow.com can.
The State of Florida releases two daily “infection” numbers. There is the “infected Florida resident” number which is the number the State likes to publicize on its dashboard and in advisories. There is also the “everyone tested in Florida” number which is always the “larger” number. This is the number that the some state officials, many Republicans, and people who believe COVID is fake like to ignore.
That total number, of course, is the only number that matters.
To suggest anything different is to suggest that a resident of Florida can’t be infected by someone visiting Florida. If you tested positive in Florida, you either caught it here or brought it here.
To suggest anything different is to suggest that a resident of Florida can’t be infected by someone visiting Florida. If you tested positive in Florida, you either caught it here or brought it here, so it matters.
So when you see 8,933 residents versus 10,528, understand the difference. If you’re a denier, go with the lower number. If you are intelligent and understand that COVID-19 doesn’t distinguish between visitors and residents, know that the total number is the real number.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY
- HURRICANE IAN: Schools Open But Heavy Rain, Strong Rain Expected In South Florida
- DEAD IN VALENCIA FALLS: Woman Drives Into Garage, Backs Into House, Utility Pole
- Loggers’ Run Boca Raton Forecloses On Homeowner Over $777
- CAR THEFTS: POLICE FRUSTRATED WITH SEVEN BRIDGES, LOTUS BOARDS
- HURRICANE IAN MAY PACK 130 MPH WINDS AS IT APPROACHES FLORIDA
- IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY WARNS OF HEAVY RAIN, TORNADOES
- REMINDER: All Schools Closed In Palm Beach County Monday
- IAN TRACK SHIFTS, BUT SOUTH FLORIDA TOLD UNCERTAINTY HIGH