HERE’S WHY YOU’RE SEEING TWO NUMBERS: 10,528 and 8,933 INFECTIONS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is a numbers game being played by the COVID-Deniers and the people who focus on science and facts. We want to spell it out as only BocaNewsNow.com can.
The State of Florida releases two daily “infection” numbers. There is the “infected Florida resident” number which is the number the State likes to publicize on its dashboard and in advisories. There is also the “everyone tested in Florida” number which is always the “larger” number. This is the number that the some state officials, many Republicans, and people who believe COVID is fake like to ignore.
That total number, of course, is the only number that matters.
To suggest anything different is to suggest that a resident of Florida can’t be infected by someone visiting Florida. If you tested positive in Florida, you either caught it here or brought it here.
To suggest anything different is to suggest that a resident of Florida can’t be infected by someone visiting Florida. If you tested positive in Florida, you either caught it here or brought it here, so it matters.
So when you see 8,933 residents versus 10,528, understand the difference. If you’re a denier, go with the lower number. If you are intelligent and understand that COVID-19 doesn’t distinguish between visitors and residents, know that the total number is the real number.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month