HERE’S WHY YOU’RE SEEING TWO NUMBERS: 10,528 and 8,933 INFECTIONS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is a numbers game being played by the COVID-Deniers and the people who focus on science and facts. We want to spell it out as only BocaNewsNow.com can.
The State of Florida releases two daily “infection” numbers. There is the “infected Florida resident” number which is the number the State likes to publicize on its dashboard and in advisories. There is also the “everyone tested in Florida” number which is always the “larger” number. This is the number that the some state officials, many Republicans, and people who believe COVID is fake like to ignore.
That total number, of course, is the only number that matters.
To suggest anything different is to suggest that a resident of Florida can’t be infected by someone visiting Florida. If you tested positive in Florida, you either caught it here or brought it here.
To suggest anything different is to suggest that a resident of Florida can’t be infected by someone visiting Florida. If you tested positive in Florida, you either caught it here or brought it here, so it matters.
So when you see 8,933 residents versus 10,528, understand the difference. If you’re a denier, go with the lower number. If you are intelligent and understand that COVID-19 doesn’t distinguish between visitors and residents, know that the total number is the real number.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive