HERE’S WHY YOU’RE SEEING TWO NUMBERS: 10,528 and 8,933 INFECTIONS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There is a numbers game being played by the COVID-Deniers and the people who focus on science and facts. We want to spell it out as only BocaNewsNow.com can.
The State of Florida releases two daily “infection” numbers. There is the “infected Florida resident” number which is the number the State likes to publicize on its dashboard and in advisories. There is also the “everyone tested in Florida” number which is always the “larger” number. This is the number that the some state officials, many Republicans, and people who believe COVID is fake like to ignore.
That total number, of course, is the only number that matters.
To suggest anything different is to suggest that a resident of Florida can’t be infected by someone visiting Florida. If you tested positive in Florida, you either caught it here or brought it here.
To suggest anything different is to suggest that a resident of Florida can’t be infected by someone visiting Florida. If you tested positive in Florida, you either caught it here or brought it here, so it matters.
So when you see 8,933 residents versus 10,528, understand the difference. If you’re a denier, go with the lower number. If you are intelligent and understand that COVID-19 doesn’t distinguish between visitors and residents, know that the total number is the real number.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton