FLORIDA RESIDENT, TOTAL STATE CASES TRENDING THE WRONG WAY
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 infection count in Florida continues to head in the wrong direction. The Saturday report from the Florida Department of Health — which shows the numbers based on Friday’s test results — adds 9,636 Florida “resident” cases with a total new case count of 11,254. The total count includes anyone tested in Florida.
The percent positive of all new cases in Florida is now 14.36 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 434 new cases were logged on Friday (and announced on Saturday). the percent positive is holding steady above the maximum acceptable. It’s now 10.5-percent. Health officials want it to be below 10 percent. It hit 18.3 percent in Palm Bach County on June 23rd.
There are now, officially, 132,545 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is 3,390.
In Palm Beach County, the infection count officially is 12,928 with a death count of 492.
We remind readers: numbers from the Florida Department of Health are reported the day after they are logged, so numbers released on Saturday (today) represent tests logged by Florida officials on Friday (yesterday).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School Threat Ongoing, Yet Nothing, All At The Same Time
- LAWSUIT: Paver Company Steamrolled Local Homeowner During Pool Renovation
- SIRENS: Choking In Boca, Suicide Attempt At Target, Trauma At A Country Club