FLORIDA RESIDENT, TOTAL STATE CASES TRENDING THE WRONG WAY
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The COVID-19 infection count in Florida continues to head in the wrong direction. The Saturday report from the Florida Department of Health — which shows the numbers based on Friday’s test results — adds 9,636 Florida “resident” cases with a total new case count of 11,254. The total count includes anyone tested in Florida.
The percent positive of all new cases in Florida is now 14.36 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 434 new cases were logged on Friday (and announced on Saturday). the percent positive is holding steady above the maximum acceptable. It’s now 10.5-percent. Health officials want it to be below 10 percent. It hit 18.3 percent in Palm Bach County on June 23rd.
There are now, officially, 132,545 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida. The death count is 3,390.
In Palm Beach County, the infection count officially is 12,928 with a death count of 492.
We remind readers: numbers from the Florida Department of Health are reported the day after they are logged, so numbers released on Saturday (today) represent tests logged by Florida officials on Friday (yesterday).
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic
- TIME TO VOTE: Early Voting Locations Now Open In Palm Beach County
- Thanksgiving Could Be “Devastating” To South Palm Beach County
- FAU Reports 235 Students, Faculty Positive For COVID-19
- Tropical Depression Expected Off Florida’s Coast By Tuesday
- Early Voting Starts Monday In Palm Beach County
- POLICE: Mara Mena Missing, Last Seen In West Boca Raton