CONCERN OVER SOCIAL DISTANCING AT DAY CAMP, OVERNIGHT CAMP IN NORTH BROWARD COUNTY
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com is receiving continued concern from readers about “Eagles Landing and the Nightowls” which is day and overnight camp operating out of North Broward Prep. The concern: a perceived lack of social distancing.
In emails received from “concerned citizens” and readers who say they are parents, there is a common theme: counselors are being allowed to leave campus, kids who come for “overnight” experiences are going home for the weekend where they may be exposed to COVID, then returning to camp, and a general questionable approach to the COVID camping experience.
BocaNewsNow.com obtained the following email sent from camp management to parents in which it seems the camp is asking Broward County to change its mask rules, instead of complying with orders that children over age 2 wear masks.
Public photos on the Eagles Landing camp Facebook page show what those contacting BocaNewsNow.com are calling “concerning.”
Matt Cannold, the camp’s director, has not responded to emails from BocaNewsNow.com sent over the past week seeking a response to the concerns being raised.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic
- TIME TO VOTE: Early Voting Locations Now Open In Palm Beach County
- Thanksgiving Could Be “Devastating” To South Palm Beach County
- FAU Reports 235 Students, Faculty Positive For COVID-19
- Tropical Depression Expected Off Florida’s Coast By Tuesday
- Early Voting Starts Monday In Palm Beach County
- POLICE: Mara Mena Missing, Last Seen In West Boca Raton