CONCERN OVER SOCIAL DISTANCING AT DAY CAMP, OVERNIGHT CAMP IN NORTH BROWARD COUNTY
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com is receiving continued concern from readers about “Eagles Landing and the Nightowls” which is day and overnight camp operating out of North Broward Prep. The concern: a perceived lack of social distancing.
In emails received from “concerned citizens” and readers who say they are parents, there is a common theme: counselors are being allowed to leave campus, kids who come for “overnight” experiences are going home for the weekend where they may be exposed to COVID, then returning to camp, and a general questionable approach to the COVID camping experience.
BocaNewsNow.com obtained the following email sent from camp management to parents in which it seems the camp is asking Broward County to change its mask rules, instead of complying with orders that children over age 2 wear masks.
Public photos on the Eagles Landing camp Facebook page show what those contacting BocaNewsNow.com are calling “concerning.”
Matt Cannold, the camp’s director, has not responded to emails from BocaNewsNow.com sent over the past week seeking a response to the concerns being raised.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance