BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The unfettered spread of COVID-19 in Florida is showing no signs of letting up as another 8,577 cases were added to the books on Saturday. The percent positive for Florida for Saturday’s tests — reported on Sunday — is 12.40 percent. Of all the tests reported on Sunday — including people who may have tested positive earlier and then were retested — 10,088 came back as positive with a percent positive rate of 13.97 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 462 new cases were added on Saturday — and released on Sunday — with a percent positive rate of 8.6 percent.
There are now 13,389 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 503 deaths. Statewide, 122,960 people have tested positive with 3,419 deaths. The hospitalization count — the number of people who are, or were, hospitalized with COVID-19 issues is 14,244.
The Florida COVID ACTION dashboard, created by Rebekah Jones, reports 105 open ICU beds in Palm Beach County.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below. She reports a total of 151,521 people infected with COVID-19 in Florida with a death count of 3,518.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens