BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The unfettered spread of COVID-19 in Florida is showing no signs of letting up as another 8,577 cases were added to the books on Saturday. The percent positive for Florida for Saturday’s tests — reported on Sunday — is 12.40 percent. Of all the tests reported on Sunday — including people who may have tested positive earlier and then were retested — 10,088 came back as positive with a percent positive rate of 13.97 percent.
In Palm Beach County, 462 new cases were added on Saturday — and released on Sunday — with a percent positive rate of 8.6 percent.
There are now 13,389 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Palm Beach County with 503 deaths. Statewide, 122,960 people have tested positive with 3,419 deaths. The hospitalization count — the number of people who are, or were, hospitalized with COVID-19 issues is 14,244.
The Florida COVID ACTION dashboard, created by Rebekah Jones, reports 105 open ICU beds in Palm Beach County.
Jones, Florida’s lead data scientist, was fired when Gov. Ron DeSantis stated she refused to follow orders. Jones says she was ordered to suppress data. She is using publicly available data to create her own realtime report now being cited nationwide. The direct link is below. She reports a total of 151,521 people infected with COVID-19 in Florida with a death count of 3,518.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low
- P.F. Chang’s In Boca Raton Cited Again By Health Inspector, Twice In Days
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT: Parking Situation So Bad, Drivers Told To Use Ride Share
- ARMED ROBBERY ON YAMATO ROAD IN BOCA RATON
- POLICE REMIND: If Fireworks Banned In Your HOA, They Are Still Banned On July 4th
- Palm Beach County Woman To Federal Prison For Sober Home Scheme
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Disturbances Still Being Watched, Florida Okay For Now