ALL BEACHES IN MIAMI-DADE, BROWARD AND PALM BEACH COUNTIES CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner announced on CNN this evening (Sunday) that Palm Beach County beaches will in fact close for the July 4th holiday weekend.
“In consultation with our county administrator, we will be issuing an order tomorrow, (Monday) morning, that will close the Palm Beach County beaches throughout the entirety of the county for the holiday weekend.,” Kerner told CNN. “It is an unfortunate result, but public health remains the focus of the elected leaders of Palm Beach County. Unfortunately, this Fourth of July will not be spent at the beach.”
The announcement follows a similar executive order made in Miami-Dade County Saturday. Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez announced a full closure of all beaches in Miami-Dade County starting on Friday, July 3rd and continuing through Monday, July 6th.
Broward County has also announced a complete closure of its beaches for the holiday weekend.
The beach closures comes as COVID-19 infections soar in South Florida and — at least in Palm Beach County — there continues to be a resistance to social distancing and now official facial covering orders.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path
- Boca Regional Hospital Proceeds With Mask Optional Event, Many Question