ALL BEACHES IN MIAMI-DADE, BROWARD AND PALM BEACH COUNTIES CLOSED FOR THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner announced on CNN this evening (Sunday) that Palm Beach County beaches will in fact close for the July 4th holiday weekend.
“In consultation with our county administrator, we will be issuing an order tomorrow, (Monday) morning, that will close the Palm Beach County beaches throughout the entirety of the county for the holiday weekend.,” Kerner told CNN. “It is an unfortunate result, but public health remains the focus of the elected leaders of Palm Beach County. Unfortunately, this Fourth of July will not be spent at the beach.”
The announcement follows a similar executive order made in Miami-Dade County Saturday. Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez announced a full closure of all beaches in Miami-Dade County starting on Friday, July 3rd and continuing through Monday, July 6th.
Broward County has also announced a complete closure of its beaches for the holiday weekend.
The beach closures comes as COVID-19 infections soar in South Florida and — at least in Palm Beach County — there continues to be a resistance to social distancing and now official facial covering orders.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ANOTHER ONE?! TROPICAL WAVE GROWING EAST OF FLORIDA
- Loggers’ Run HOA Forecloses On Another Home Over $700
- BEWARE: COYOTES RUNNING FREE IN EAST BOCA RATON
- DUCKLING RESCUE! Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Saves Ducklings In Boca Raton
- Kings Point Resident Violence Leads To Arrest
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES
- Two South Palm Beach County Parks To Remain Closed Until Saturday
- Crash Leaves Pedestrian Dead In North Broward County
- All Palm Beach County Operations Return To Normal On Friday