SLIGHT DECLINE IN NEW POSITIVES IS OFFSET BY PERCENT POSITIVE INCREASE
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida added 5,409 new confirmed COVID-19 cases in the State’s Monday report. That’s a drop from 8,424 the day before, but the percent positive has jumped. It is now an ominous 15.71 percent.
Of all the tests logged on Sunday — and released on Monday — 15.71 percent were positive.
In Palm Beach County, 331 new cases were added and the percent positive also jumped. It had pulled back a bit to 8.5 percent on Saturday, but Sunday’s tests — released on Monday — shot back up to 9.7 percent.
New infection counts are released a day after they are recored. The current numbers are always based on tests logged a day before. Tests logged on Saturday are released on Sunday. Tests logged on Sunday are released Monday.
Statewide, there are now 146,341 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Florida with 3,447 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, the total case count is now 13,711 with 503 deaths.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI