BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The meeting is still ongoing (as of 4 p.m. Wednesday), but there is a theme shared by some of the Palm Beach County School Board members and parents who submitted comments via phone message prior to the meeting. The Academy of Pediatrics stance that students should be in school should NOT apply to Palm Beach County where COVID-19 numbers continue to skyrocket.
Parent after parent and several board members agreed that “in school” is always better than “distance school,” but suggested that the Academy of Pediatrics statement is based on a community being in a much better situation than Palm Beach County when it comes to COVID-19 control.
On another topic, School Board President Frank Barbieri also pointed to a lack of guidance from Governor Ron DeSantis and the Florida Department of Education concerning the funding consequences of whatever decision the Palm Beach County School District makes. He questioned whether DeSantis — who has inexplicably called for all schools to reopen in full — will withhold funding from the region if the Palm Beach County School District decides the best move is a partial opening or distance learning only.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT