BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The meeting is still ongoing (as of 4 p.m. Wednesday), but there is a theme shared by some of the Palm Beach County School Board members and parents who submitted comments via phone message prior to the meeting. The Academy of Pediatrics stance that students should be in school should NOT apply to Palm Beach County where COVID-19 numbers continue to skyrocket.
Parent after parent and several board members agreed that “in school” is always better than “distance school,” but suggested that the Academy of Pediatrics statement is based on a community being in a much better situation than Palm Beach County when it comes to COVID-19 control.
On another topic, School Board President Frank Barbieri also pointed to a lack of guidance from Governor Ron DeSantis and the Florida Department of Education concerning the funding consequences of whatever decision the Palm Beach County School District makes. He questioned whether DeSantis — who has inexplicably called for all schools to reopen in full — will withhold funding from the region if the Palm Beach County School District decides the best move is a partial opening or distance learning only.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching