FORT LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Broward County has joined Miami-Dade County in mandating facial coverings in all public places — both inside AND OUTSIDE. The order is effective immediately. Broward County is also prohibiting restaurants from serving food — indoors — during overnight hours.
Read the complete order here.
If you prefer the official synopsis, here’s the restaurant order direct from Broward County:
As the number of COVID-19 cases and the positivity rate continue to rise across all South Florida counties including Broward, Deputy County Administrator Monica Cepero today issued Emergency Order 20-20.
The Order addresses who must wear facial coverings, and when and where they must be worn. It also limits hours for restaurants and food establishments. Specifically, no establishment will be permitted to serve alcohol or food for on-site consumption between the hours of Midnight and 5AM. Take out, delivery, drive-through, or pickup will still be permitted.
“This action is unfortunately necessary to slow the spread of COVID-19 cases. The safety of all residents and visitors to Broward County is utmost on our minds and it’s important that everyone follow these requirements. We’re hopeful that these additional, responsible measures will add an extra layer of protection for our residents and visitors”, said Cepero.
Residents are reminded to stay home if they are able, wash their hands often, observe social distancing and wear a facial covering in public. Social distancing and facial coverings when in public areas are not only required in Broward County, they are critical to slowing the spread of COVID-19. This is especially important during the upcoming July 4th holiday weekend. You’re urged to limit social gatherings to 10 people or less, practice social distancing, wear facial coverings and wash your hands often.
Residents are urged to call 311 or visit Mybroward.Broward.org to anonymously report violations.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?