MORE THAN 34,100 CHILDREN, YOUNG ADULTS POSITIVE FOR COVID IN FLORIDA
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The State of Florida is increasingly making it difficult to extract key data from official reports released by the Department of Health, but one metric is increasingly loud and clear: kids are being infected by COVID-19 in large numbers.
According to DOH data released in today’s report:
26,398 Floridians between the ages of 15-24 are infected with COVID-19.
5,136 Floridians between the ages of 5-14 are infected with COVID-19.
2,571 Floridians between the ages of 0-4 are infected with COVID-19.
The state is not breaking down those numbers by county which, ironically, is making it difficult for school officials to support the DeSantis administration’s push to open schools in full. While local officials may be privy to data that isn’t easily accessible by the public, the Florida Dept. of Health is only reporting the median age of infection on a county-by county basis.
Statewide, nearly 500 children and young adults between the ages of 0 and 24 have been so sick with COVID-19 related issues that they have been hospitalized, according to DOH data.
The largest age group infected with COVID-19 in Florida is 25-34. According to Florida officials, 33,909 Floridians aged 25-34 have tested positive for COVID-19. Six percent — or 927 — of those infected in the 25-34 age group have been hospitalized.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge