MORE THAN 34,100 CHILDREN, YOUNG ADULTS POSITIVE FOR COVID IN FLORIDA
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The State of Florida is increasingly making it difficult to extract key data from official reports released by the Department of Health, but one metric is increasingly loud and clear: kids are being infected by COVID-19 in large numbers.
According to DOH data released in today’s report:
26,398 Floridians between the ages of 15-24 are infected with COVID-19.
5,136 Floridians between the ages of 5-14 are infected with COVID-19.
2,571 Floridians between the ages of 0-4 are infected with COVID-19.
The state is not breaking down those numbers by county which, ironically, is making it difficult for school officials to support the DeSantis administration’s push to open schools in full. While local officials may be privy to data that isn’t easily accessible by the public, the Florida Dept. of Health is only reporting the median age of infection on a county-by county basis.
Statewide, nearly 500 children and young adults between the ages of 0 and 24 have been so sick with COVID-19 related issues that they have been hospitalized, according to DOH data.
The largest age group infected with COVID-19 in Florida is 25-34. According to Florida officials, 33,909 Floridians aged 25-34 have tested positive for COVID-19. Six percent — or 927 — of those infected in the 25-34 age group have been hospitalized.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching
- Massachusetts Man Allegedly Batters Driver After Boca Raton Crash