STUDY: SALES UP, INVENTORY DOWN IN MUCH OF FLORIDA
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A just-out report shows that the Coronavirus crisis has given Palm Beach County real estate a powerful boost. You read that correctly.
The report, prepared by Miller Samuel Real Estate Appraisers and Consultants for Douglas Elliman — a national real estate group — shows a dramatic increase in single family homes and condos under “signed contract” in June, and a dramatic decrease in available Palm Beach County real estate to purchase.
The analysis: upper middle class to high net-worth individuals and families in the northeast want to move to Florida.
Keeping in mind that all businesses — including real estate — pulled back during lockdowns, here’s the report for what is now considered the “reopening month” of June, 2020.
Palm Beach County Single Family Homes In June, 2020:
Home Value: $300K to $399K — 1,081 new contracts, up 65.8% from June, 2019.
Home Value: $400K to $499K — 801 new contracts, up 90.7% from June, 2019.
Home Value: $500K to $599K — 424 new contracts, up 102.9% from June, 2019.
Home Value: $600K to $799K — 462 new contracts, up 123.2% from June, 2019.
Home Value: $800k to $999K — 212 new contracts, up 118.6% from June, 2019.
Home Value: $1M+ — 379 new contracts, up 109.4% from June, 2019.
Broward, Miami-Dade, Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties all showed significant year to year increases in single family home contracts.
New listings are down in Palm Beach County for homes valued from under $200k to $599k.
The “Condo Matrix” for Palm Beach County shows an increase in both new contracts and inventory for June, 2020 compared to June, 2019.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car