STUNNING ANNOUNCEMENT MADE ABOUT CHILD INFECTIONS
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner announced in a late Thursday afternoon news conference that Palm Beach County will pass 15,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Friday.
The announcement comes as Florida announced that more than 10,000 positive cases were added statewide on Thursday, based on tests logged on Wednesday.
Earlier Thursday, BocaNewsNow.com reported on the growing number of children infected with COVID-19 in Florida. Commissioner Mack Bernard focused those child infections on Palm Beach County.
“For Palm Beach County, 866 kids under the age of 18 have tested positive. (Based on the number of children tested), close to 25 percent of our kids under the age of 18 have tested positive for COVID-19.”
Mayor Kerner reiterated that beaches are closed starting Friday, and police are ready to respond to deal with anyone who refuses to obey that order.
“The beaches are closed, and it is done by executive order, and it is by the force of law,” said Kerner. “Having consulted with the Sheriff and several police departments, a plan is in place to enforce compliance with the law.”
Kerner also announced that more than 14,000 calls have come in to the COVID compliance line. Kerner encouraged residents to call 561-24COVID if violations are seen. The goal, said Kerner, remains education. Citations are only issued if compliance is refused.
“The COVID education and compliance team has distributed thousands of pieces of PPE, including brochures, masks, sanitizer and more.”
On the issue of executive orders in Miami-Dade and Broward County closing restaurants overnight, Kerner said Palm Beach County does not — at this point — see a need to issue a similar order.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge
- GL Homes Sued By HOA, Alleges Violation Of Florida Building Code
- COVID Hospitalizations Again Rising In Florida, Palm Beach County
- One Killed In Yamato Road Crash, Golf Cart Vs. Car
- UPDATE: Palm Beach County School District Explains FSA Requirement, Order
- CRITICAL CRASH: Yamato Road Closed, Car Hits Golf Cart
- BREAKING: FSA’S Do Not Count, State Says Mandatory Tests Not Required For Promotion
- Police Arrest 12-Year-Old For School Bomb Threat