BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner announced Thursday that the county would pass the 15,000 infection mark on Friday. He was correct.
Palm Beach County now reports 15,324 COVID-19 infections. The resident count is 15,169. The non-resident count is 155. There have been at least 536 deaths related to COVID-19 in Palm Beach County.
The percent positive rate based on Thursday’s addition of 461 cases is 12.2. Cases are announced a day after they are logged by the Florida Department of Health.
The five day percent positive for Palm Beach County is 12.62.
Meantime, the Florida Department of Health shows that those visiting emergency departments at area hospitals for COVID-like illness reports continues its upward trend (see official graphic, above).
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender