BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner announced Thursday that the county would pass the 15,000 infection mark on Friday. He was correct.
Palm Beach County now reports 15,324 COVID-19 infections. The resident count is 15,169. The non-resident count is 155. There have been at least 536 deaths related to COVID-19 in Palm Beach County.
The percent positive rate based on Thursday’s addition of 461 cases is 12.2. Cases are announced a day after they are logged by the Florida Department of Health.
The five day percent positive for Palm Beach County is 12.62.
Meantime, the Florida Department of Health shows that those visiting emergency departments at area hospitals for COVID-like illness reports continues its upward trend (see official graphic, above).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges