BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County Mayor David Kerner announced Thursday that the county would pass the 15,000 infection mark on Friday. He was correct.
Palm Beach County now reports 15,324 COVID-19 infections. The resident count is 15,169. The non-resident count is 155. There have been at least 536 deaths related to COVID-19 in Palm Beach County.
The percent positive rate based on Thursday’s addition of 461 cases is 12.2. Cases are announced a day after they are logged by the Florida Department of Health.
The five day percent positive for Palm Beach County is 12.62.
Meantime, the Florida Department of Health shows that those visiting emergency departments at area hospitals for COVID-like illness reports continues its upward trend (see official graphic, above).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days